This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Help Identifing Parts

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Help Identifing Parts

Postby ricky racer » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:07 pm

I have been contacted by a guy that has some parts he wants to sell. He doesn't know what most of them are and sent some poor quality pictures for me to see. The front tire/wheel is off of a Cub that is obvious as well as the colter (although I don't know what plow it might go to) but what about the remaining parts? The one red bracket looks like part of a swinging draw-bar but I figured that the experts here could help me out.

1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Re: Help Identifing Parts

Postby Boss Hog » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Home made middle buster is the thing on the plow beam, the rest looks to be AC and John Deere maybe Oliver Looks like the rim is the best part :D
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:20 pm

Wheel/tire could be from a Cub. To the right of it, a colter, could be IH but not from a Cub. The coulter disc might fit in the colter bracket (2 pieces to the left). That bracket could be correct for a Cub-189 or Cub-193 plow. The green thing between the colter and bracket looks like a generic tow bar. To the left of the wheel is a bumper clamp type hitch, fits cars until probably the early '50s when bumpers got styled to the point they no longer fit.

In picture 2, the home-made middlebuster is attached to the cross bar of a Cub swinging drawbar. The hand lever looks about right for the depth control of a middlebuster on an Allis Chalmers B, and probably some other similarly sized ACs. Nect to it is part of a cultivator standard, again for an AC.

The thing with 2 clamps in the middle of picture 3 is a fixture for hot patching an inner tube.

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough.
N3NIK

Postby Winfield Dave » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:55 pm

Jim Becker wrote:The thing with 2 clamps in the middle of picture 3 is a fixture for hot patching an inner tube.
Jim...My brother and I were just discussing this picture...We both had flashbacks to the one in our Grandfathers garage....Thanks for the memories !! :D
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Postby ricky racer » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:42 pm

Jim, I think you hit the nail on the head.

Thanks,

Rick
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Roy47
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30549
Tractors Owned: 62 Cub Lowboy
76 Ford 1600
555 Ford backhoe
67 Cub
Economy Jim Dandy
69 Massey Ferguson 135
Yanmar 2700
Case 1840 skid steer
2 - John Deere model 112

Postby Roy47 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:07 pm

Rick, That hot patch clamp is one of the "better" model that I have seen. A lot of country stores/garages only had a single size clamp. That one is for both large and smaller size patches. The curves part on the right side was for cleaning the patch area. One would pull their tube down over the curved plate and scrape it with their pocket knife if they didn't have the right scraping tool (usually the top of a Monkey grip cold patch box). Then put the tube with the right size patch in the clamp. Light off the powder charge and in a few minute you had a cooked on patch. Worked like a charm if you got everything clean and clamped tight. I wonder if hot patches are still available today? Looks like a trip to Google in the making.
Hope everyone has a great Christmas.
Roy

Return to “Farmall Cub”