This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pressure Plate Fix

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Pressure Plate Fix

Postby Bill Hudson » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:33 pm

Had a fellow call me tonight to ask some pressure plate questions. He had replaced the Auburn unit with a Rockford unit a bit over six months ago. After a short discussion, I asked if I could come and take some pics of the problem pressure plate and his remedy for the problem.

One of the adjusting nuts came off and this is how it turned out.
Pressure plate finger.

TOB - new ~ six months ago.

TOB hanger.

New pressure plate with safety wired nuts. Fingers adjusted to 1.25".

Closeup of custom built safety wired nut. Nuts had loctite applied as well.

Neither one of the fellows there, this evening, are members of this forum, however, there was a printed copy of this http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=6994 on the workbench. When asked about how they found it, the answer was "I just used a search engine."

As an aside, I got to bring these home.

Should make single handedly sliding the two halves of a Cub together much simpler. Much better than the ones I made by cutting the heads off a couple of bolts.
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Pressure Plate Fix

Postby Boss Hog » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:44 pm

Bill, I have had great success with using an inch and a 1/4 fine thread bolt with the head cut off and a slot ground in with a dremill tool,for a screwdriver, to replace the often too short adjustment bolts in the pressure plate. 99% of the time a nut comes off is on account of the studs being too short in the fingers. This is a very simple fix. You will also need to bevel the end of the bolt to replace the stud. I have had Zero problems doing this. Use grade 5 bolts
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Return to “Farmall Cub”