This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

boomerang woes...

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
sgtbull
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62854
Tractors Owned: '36 JD B,
'40 and '46 Farmall H,
'50 Ford 8n '55 Farmall Cub,
'55 JD 70 allfuel,
lots of other toys
Circle of Safety: Y

boomerang woes...

Postby sgtbull » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:17 pm

A few yrs ago, I built my own boomerang, using one of Ponymasters as a pattern. It fits my '55 cub perfectly. Thought I'd use it on my '49 handlift for a blade I'm working on, only to find out that it isn't going to match up. The PIN hole, at the bottom matches fine. The top hole, where it is firmly bolted to the lift arm, lines up fine, but the center hole, to which the blade lift arm attaches, is about 1/2 a hole off.... I took it off and went back to my '55 and all three holes line up perfectly.. what gives?
I've never met a tractor I didn't like....but I have found some that were greatly annoying....

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Re: boomerang woes...

Postby Boss Hog » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:31 pm

Hand lift is different
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:40 pm

Come on Kelley, it will only take you 15 min. to make another. You are the master. :big afro:

Chris D
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23027

Postby Chris D » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:59 pm

I have had a dozen or so cubs, half with blades and such and yet to have one with the boomerang. What actual purpose does it serve? You don't need it for the blade to function. Is it merely to strengthen the connection at the touch control?

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:59 pm

Yup, I learned the same thing a few years ago when i had one tractor with hand lift and one with hydraulics.

Chris D wrote:I have had a dozen or so cubs, half with blades and such and yet to have one with the boomerang. What actual purpose does it serve? You don't need it for the blade to function. Is it merely to strengthen the connection at the touch control?
sure makes connecting the blade when belly mounted much easier.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:33 pm

sgtbull wrote:A few yrs ago, I built my own boomerang, using one of Ponymasters as a pattern. It fits my '55 cub perfectly. Thought I'd use it on my '49 handlift for a blade I'm working on, only to find out that it isn't going to match up. The PIN hole, at the bottom matches fine. The top hole, where it is firmly bolted to the lift arm, lines up fine, but the center hole, to which the blade lift arm attaches, is about 1/2 a hole off.... I took it off and went back to my '55 and all three holes line up perfectly.. what gives?

Bingo! :big smile:

I now know why my boomerang doesn't fit my Cub. It has always been about a 1/2 hole off - drove me crazy. We had gotten one from Alton and David along with a few other parts we were missing including the front yoke. I have a feeling that they may have been off of an L-54A and not a Cub-54A. Sure explains a lot and solves a lot of my frustration with the boomerang. Going to have to get a proper one at some point. Maybe next time we go to Cecil's this fall.

Kelley, thanks for clearing that up for me :{_}: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”