This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Different carburetor

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
welderskelter
10+ Years
10+ Years

Different carburetor

Postby welderskelter » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:45 pm

What other kind of carburetors have been tried out on these things? Anybody else had any experiences with this?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Different carburetor

Postby Eugene » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:44 pm

welderskelter wrote:What other kind of carburetors have been tried out on these things?
Either the IH or Zenith carburetor for the IH 60 cubic inch engine work well.

As far as the 2 cylinder Wisconsin carburetor. Perhaps it is suitable for the 60 cubic inch IH Cub engine. Perhaps not. Bad news is that the Wisconsin carburetor is probably a Zenith. The manufacturer, Zenith, changed the jets, venturi, etc., to match the engine manufacturer's specifications.

There are numerous repair instructions for both the IH and Zenith carb on this site. Suggest cleaning and repairing the existing carb before experimentation.

I have also reread your previous posts. Suggest taking a bit of time reading the various manuals for the 154 and standard Cub. Manuals are a free down load, click on manuals at top of page.

Edit: There are several folks on this site who rebuild carburetors. Might contact them.
I have an excuse. CRS.

welderskelter
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby welderskelter » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:47 pm

The cub I believe is about 60 cu.in. and the wisconsin is about 53 cu.in. I believe there is enough setting capability in these carbs to make up the difference.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:18 pm

Perhaps the carburetor will work and work well. BigDog (?) put a B&S carburetor on his Cub as a trial and it worked.

The 53.9 cu.in. Wisconsin engines used the Zenith 68-7 carburetor. There are 27 different Zenith assemblies assigned for that engine along with 8 main jets, 3 venturi, 4 discharge jets, 4 well vent jets, etc., etc..

Beside the similarities in cubic inches, the Cub only operates at 1800 - 2000 rpms while most Wisconsin engines are designed to operate at 3600 rpms.

Back to my original suggestion, clean, repair, adjust the original IH carburetor. They are fine carburetors.
I have an excuse. CRS.

welderskelter
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby welderskelter » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:30 pm

I have spent some time on the old one and that is why I am trying something else. If it is still the same then it isnt the carb after all.

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:41 pm

What seems to be the problem?
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:43 pm

Tell you what.

What is/are the problem(s) with the tractor?

What have you done to diagnose the problem(s)?
I have an excuse. CRS.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Engine is the same 60 cube as reg cub ONLY with with bigger Zenith carb ! a lot of guys put the lo-boy carb on cubs for a better running cub. All 3 of my lo-boys have them, and they work great.
If you get a carb that fits a Wisconsin V-465-D motor it will be a Zenith! (got one in my NH L-775 skid loader) they are 65 horsepower engines, thanks; sonny

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:56 pm

The Zeniths in my opinion are much better and more trouble free carburetors. And they can be had for a little less cash :D I am talking a good working carb, not junk
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”