Cub motor

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Re: Cub motor

Postby Kirk-NJ » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:40 am

I don't think you'll be getting equal value by trading your ford for a cub, but that's up to you.

Kirk
Kirk-NJ
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 07838

Postby Wood » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:46 am

No, No, He is trading his cub in on a ford. If it is a good runner, I am going to give him 1500 trade in value.
Wood
Cub Star
Cub Star

Zip Code: 35475

Postby Rudi » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:39 pm

Wood wrote:I have a 57 cub in need of a in fame rebuild. There is a guy that want to trade a cub in on a tractor that i have for sale. He does not no what year it is, just that it is red. He is going to send me the ser. #. I no there was a hp change in the yellow cub. My question is, will all red cubs motor be the same as my 57, or which ones will work?

Seems a lot of the original question was lost in translation.

You basic question is will the engines be a direct swap? That answer is yes. I am assuming that the Cub he is trading in has chassis issues if you are going to swap mills? If so then $1,500.00 is probably too much for just a usable engine. If the Cub is a complete runner and the tins are good, superstructure/chassis is good and rubber is good, then $1,500.00 may be a fair price - depending on your area.

I would be looking for a parts tractor with a good mill but the rest in trouble to use as a donor and maybe use this one that you are contemplating taking in on trade. One never has too many Cubs :idea: :!: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Rudi
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: E1A7J3
eBay ID: ve9rhs
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1951 Cub "Jethro"
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Eugene » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:21 pm

Rudi wrote:If so then $1,500.00 is probably too much for just a usable engine.
Gotta agree with Rudi if the game plan is just for a usable engine. $1500- will probably get your engine 100% rebuilt at your local machine shop, if the engine requires a lot of machine work and new pistons, etc.. Depending on machine work and new parts required, perhaps quite a bit less than $1500-.

If you just need a good running engine and don't or can't do the mechanical work required, contact the advertisers in the for sale/wanted section of this site.
I have an excuse. CRS.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:33 pm

Wood,

Keep in mind that if you don't want to trade with the guy; I've got the 154 loboy engine that runs good that I'll sell for MUCH less than $1,500. That includes me removing it from the tractor after you hear it run. I'm only about 20 minutes from you. If you're intrested, PM me.
AL Farmall Boy
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 35111

Previous

Return to Farmall Cub