This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tragic Day Update

Prayer Requests, Family Announcements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc.
Joe Malinowski
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01035
eBay ID: jayrod01035
Tractors Owned: 1975 F cub, 1965 F cub, 1949 parts cub,1953 F cub 1942 JD LA, 1988 JD 330 diesel
Circle of Safety: Y

Tragic Day Update

Postby Joe Malinowski » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:50 pm

My 26 year old daughter is a school counselor at a middle school in Springfield Ma, this is her first year in the job. Last Friday, 15 minutes before the last bell of the day and the start of school vacation, a 12 year old student of hers drown in the school pool during swimming class. As the counselor she was present for the rescue and resuscitation attempts and then at the hospital, and press conference. Since this tragic event she and other counselors have been at the school dealing with the grief of the students and staff. She too is stricken by what she had to do on that sad day and along with all others who were pool side will soon be undergoing counseling. There are no answers as to how or why at this point, all that is for sure is a little boy who turned 12 last Monday lost his life Friday afternoon. Please remember him in your thoughts and prayers along with all of those who are left to pick up the pieces of this tragedy. He was a sixth grade student at the Kiley Middle School in Springfield Ma., his name has not be released or I would be more personal. I am proud to see what a person my daughter has become, but sad that I can only offer her comfort by listening and offering a shoulder. This is a picture my daughter took of Marlon on Thursday afternoon in her office, she managed to get it to his family. Sadly it is the last picture of this nice boy.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/ ... d_for.html
Last edited by Joe Malinowski on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe
22 mower 5', grader blade, 189 two way moldboard plow, cultivators ,danco C2 mower,1961 Comet, 1984 BMW 318i

Part of life is falling down, living is getting back up.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Re: Tragic Day

Postby beaconlight » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:11 pm

God bless her and the child and family.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:57 pm

Prayers for the child, his family and your daughter up from the Ozarks.
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:13 pm

Joe, I’m sorry to hear your daughter has this burden. As a person who witnessed the situation unfold and now has the task of working with the child’s friends she has a huge task at hand. As a father I know how it is to grieve for your child as you watch them struggle through a tough time. Your parental instinct to worry is totally understandable. I'm sure your daughter, as well as the rest of the school’s staff and students, can work through this.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:00 pm

That's a tough one Joe. Sorry she has to go through that.

Joe Malinowski
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01035
eBay ID: jayrod01035
Tractors Owned: 1975 F cub, 1965 F cub, 1949 parts cub,1953 F cub 1942 JD LA, 1988 JD 330 diesel

Re: Tragic Day Update

Postby Joe Malinowski » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:33 pm

Thanks to those of you who have called or sent messages of support and prayers to my daughter and Marlon's family. The school system returns Monday from winter vacation and his funeral will be Tuesday. Following this difficult week my daughter is preparing to speak about this young man at his funeral service. One of those times as a parent you are proud of the young woman you raised, but wish you could still protect her from pain. Kind thoughts and prayers are appreciated.
Joe
22 mower 5', grader blade, 189 two way moldboard plow, cultivators ,danco C2 mower,1961 Comet, 1984 BMW 318i

Part of life is falling down, living is getting back up.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Tragic Day Update

Postby Rudi » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:12 am

Joe:

You certainly raised her up good for sure. She sounds like one heck of a counselor. I am sure that the students and their families will depend on her a lot over the next little while. I imagine this is one of those almost impossible situations to deal with, but she seems to be up to the task admirably. Yes, we always want to make sure life isn't too harsh on our kids, but sometimes we can't and our kids surprise us with their abilities and their resiliency. You both done real good and have every right to be proud of her. Prayers and thoughts are on the way (+)
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Sharing with Friends and Family”