I was in need of something to do the heavy lifting round here. I decided I needed a boom pole, but wanted it independent of the hydraulics. I also wanted to be able to leave the mower hooked up, and I wanted it out front, for more accuracy in loading and unloading heavy parts and implements.
That does not leave a lot of options for the front of the cub. So, I started looking around and started to get an idea. I engineer better with my hands than with a pencil, so I dug in.
I have 4 grader blades hanging around here, so I snagged one of them and mounted it. I then removed the plow blade. Next I knew I would need some strength(and did not want to use the hydraulics). The cub I used is set wide for stability. So, I took a length of chain, wrapped the axle a couple times and slid it through the brackets under the plow frame to the other side. Basically making a sling to hold the unit up. The axle still pivots as the chain slides when needed.
Next I made 2 brackets that slide over the ends of a small 3pt boom pole I had, and pinned them in holes where the blade was. I had another bar that bolts into the center link and fastens to the brace of the plow frame that bolts to the torque tube. This fastens and positions the boom pole where i wanted it.
Lastly, A long time ago I bought a couple 2000lb winches from TSC for $50 ea. I mounted a new one under the floor and ran the cables to a pulley system at the end.
It works great. I lifted a half dozen implements and put them on a trailer this afternoon. I easily picked up sets of rear weights and stacked them on the trailer. Lastly here is a picture of the lift with the front end of a 23A disc in the air. This is going to save me a lot of work. I had everything laying around, even the winch. Total cost $50 for the winch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.