This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

started cleaning up the C3 mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ad356
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14113

started cleaning up the C3 mower

Postby ad356 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:12 pm

this mower is actually in pretty good condition. i want to get the metal all cleaned up so when the temperatures improve i can paint. there isnt much more then surface rust with some pitting underneath but it is far from being rotted out, its it decent shape; no holes or cracks. i have noticed that the front caster wheels while useable, both front caster wheel spindles will not move. i think i am going to have to remove the cotter pins, drive them out and clean up the spindles and re-assmble. when i re-assmble the mower how do i space out the long rails, they are slotted. does the owners manual have anything on servicing the deck?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

LeeC
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 22150
Tractors Owned: 2 1962 LoBoys
1 1964 LoBoy
1 1965 LoBoy
1 1966 LoBoy
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: started cleaning up the C3 mower

Postby LeeC » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:41 pm

The slots allow flexibility depending on the particular mounting set up. Measure the distance between the mounting brackets in the back to determine the spacing between the rails. The distance between the rails should be the same in the front as they are in the back. Not sure exactly how the set up works on a standard cub as I have Loboys, but the principle is the same. On my set up, there are left and right brackets that bolt to the finals. The distance between the brackets on mine depends on if a draw bar is installed or not as the bracket go inside the drawbar. Hope that makes sense.
Circle of Safety

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby tst » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:25 pm

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:22 am

Also, parts are still available. C&G (link on the bottom of this page) is great to deal with if you need any.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Farmall Cub”