This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gas dip stick gauge

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
goldencub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01770
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Gas dip stick gauge

Postby goldencub » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Like DickB, I'm from New England, and I try to keep things simple. But, on my dip stick, I just notched the edges according to Barnyard's measurements. Then, I just shove the stick down into the tank, pull it out, and look at where the gas level is. If it's around the fourth notch, I conclude there is 4 gallons in the tank. It's really quite simple - I use my fingers to count if I have to, and I don't worry about ink, paint or little Cub logos. Oh, and I keep it in the tool box beneath the seat. So far, I have never forgotten where it is. I'm sure that day will come, however, but by that time, I will also have forgotten where I parked the tractor, which makes the location of the dipstick rather irrelevant!! Al D
Maud - 1947 Cub #4364
Everything's better with Golden Retrievers, an old Ford V8 and a Cub!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Barnyard » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:23 pm

goldencub wrote: ...by that time, I will also have forgotten where I parked the tractor, which makes the location of the dipstick rather irrelevant!!

Good point Al. I think I have done that before...I just can't remember if I did or not.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

DickB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1955 Cub Fast Hitch
sickle bar
land plow
harrows
snow plow
manure spreader
hayrake, rope pull
variety of cultivators
Wagner WM-1 bucket loader
rear carrier -- homemade

Postby DickB » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:23 pm

I marked my sticks with a regular old ball point pen. Didn't realize when I wrote about gas-resistant ink or paint, that one tends to plunge the stick and pull it out rather quickly, so fading away might take a few years. Notching will come next if ink fades.

For a "0" mark, I think I'll rely on the "1" to tell me that there's trouble ahead if I don't gas up.

Nice n' handy, and cheap ($0.00) toy. And it looks nice on the barn wall, too.

Return to “Farmall Cub”