This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall Cub fan, of course!

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
voltage regulator
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44062
Tractors Owned: IH Cub Cadet 1450
IH Cub Cadet 1450 parts
IH Cub Cadet 1250 parts
IH Cub Cadet Original
IH Cub Cadet 100
IH Cub Cadet 71
IH Cub Cadet 123
IH Cub Cadet 102
IH Cub Cadet 72
IH Cub Cadet 86
CCC 1211

Farmall Cub fan, of course!

Postby voltage regulator » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:03 pm

I sure do like those Farmall Cubs! But, I'm a dedicated IH Cub Cadet man! I have a authentic set of Farmall Cub red front wheel weights for my model 72 Cub Cadet, and that makes me feel good! The best part about going to the county fair is to see all the Farmall tractors, and the IH Cub Cadets. If I could have any Farmall tractor, it would be a 1954 Farmall Super M-TA High Crop. The number of those made came to 65 models produced in the entire TA Series. So there is a big-fat chance I'll ever hook one of those gems. The TA Series was manufactured only one year, with 23,522 total tractors. What would be really neat as rare is if there was ever a 4x4 Super M-TA High Crop? Well, a few short years ago, this very rare tractor was at my local county fair, and that's how I became to know about it!

My Uncle runs a Farmall Super A, Though it needs a new exhaust manifold. I keep a eye out for one here and there, or maybe there is a way to repair the cracked manifold? Other than that, the Super A runs super! Maybe next time I'm over at his house, I can gather some information about it and share with the board.

Ok, why I'm posting in the Farmall Cub section: Are any of you familiar with Ken Updike's book called Farmall Cub & Cub Cadet? Well, in his book he mentions something about a IH pith helmet on page 20. Part of a paragraph under the picture caption reads just this: "Notice the driver's pith helmet; IH dealers offered these unique caps in several colors to farmers in the 1950's ."

Well, I think I have one of these caps in very good condition, but is not stickered with the IH logo in front of the cap as you see pictured. Does anyone have one of these caps they could share a few pictures of, and maybe a little back ground information about the cap? I have asked several other forums with no luck or response. When I take my restored IH Cub Cadet 72 to the shows/barnyard bashes, I plan to be wearing it proudly!

That's all from me folks! I'll be reading along about these awesome Farmall Cubs! later, -voltage regulator

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Farmall Cub fan, of course!

Postby Denny Clayton » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:27 pm

This is one I have that my dad got back in the 50's.

'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

voltage regulator
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44062
Tractors Owned: IH Cub Cadet 1450
IH Cub Cadet 1450 parts
IH Cub Cadet 1250 parts
IH Cub Cadet Original
IH Cub Cadet 100
IH Cub Cadet 71
IH Cub Cadet 123
IH Cub Cadet 102
IH Cub Cadet 72
IH Cub Cadet 86
CCC 1211

Postby voltage regulator » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:17 am

Oh wow! That is awesome! Your cap looks just like mine, but mine is a olive color and don't have the IH logo. Next time you get the chance, maybe a picture of the inside would be very helpful. I wonder what company made the pith hats for International Harvester?? Did this company also make them for the United States Post office? In the mean time, I'm going to figure out how to post a few pictures of my pith cap. I think these caps are quite collectable!

Thank you for your reply, voltage regulator

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:58 am

I love the pith helmet. Pretty sure there were government issue ones too (ours or the UK??). I have been scouring the flea markets and will have one... one day.

BTW that book is by Ken Updike, on the board as 'Bermuda Ken' and he works for Carter and Gruenwald. Awesome parts guy if you ever need anything for a IH stuff, including Cub Cadets.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Off Topic”