This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Will Winter Never End?

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Will Winter Never End?

Postby Don McCombs » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:43 pm

You have an eleven month wait, Roy. :D
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:39 am

OK 2013 Spring,,,where are ya????? Next week not even close to 40.. Last year in the 70s and 80s..Be nice to see the 40's and go for a walk!!!! Chickens made it through the winter,,,even they are getting ready for warmer temps!!!! Kevin....bees do OK for the winter Don??
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:01 am

Nope. I'll be replacing them next month.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:32 am

Don McCombs wrote:Nope. I'll be replacing them next month.

Don, bring them to Florida, with you, next winter! Citrus honey, as a side benefit! Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:50 pm

Well this season we got the 30" snowfall i been hoping for, was it fun, not really but after it was plowed i was happy.

Remember the year we had snow every three to four days non stop till spring. This was the first year i had the plow on my jeep cj7 and on the wenesday between christmas and new years i just opened up the garage door after i finished welding the brackets on the snowplow. From that wenesday on we had snow. This year seems to be one of those years. My jeep tractor developed an oil leak wether its the head gasket or a gasket leaking i can't touch it till spring just incase i open a can of worms and then it will sit. Its still running but i check the oil level often. My int154 needs a clutch and the driveshaft splines are worn but its still pushing snow ok. I have all the parts to repair it too i'm just waiting for the warmth to do it. I just wasn't ready this season the way i usually am.
Next year i hope the fcub will be up and running with the snowplow along with my 154 w/FEL too. Its fun to plow snow with different tractors.

I also need to figure out how to speed up my cub cadet with the single stage snow thrower. It just throws the snow into the next path. I guess thats right?? I may play with the diameter of the belt pulleys and have the highest HP engine on the cadet.

Report another big snow storm due here next week, she's dropping 1 fioot of snow right now but it may intensify as it hits the ocean. Great with the 50's in temps due here too. If this mixes with the colder temps this could be a real snow maker. I hope we don't get another 30"........
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Off Topic”