This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Touch Control Rebuild

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066
Circle of Safety: Y

Touch Control Rebuild

Postby Stanton » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:02 am

This T/C unit is serial number 351981R1, which is different from the one shown in the "How To" section.

Removed the Pressure Regulator Valve assembly and removed the o-ring on both the piston (#22) and regulator (#26). Here's a pic of where I'm referring:

Here's the inner portion I'm talking about (it has female threads to receive the regulator):

This is what I've removed:

My question: Is the inner portion supposed to come out or not (what I'm pointing to in the second picture)?

IMO, it does not. It's not shown in the exploded view in the Serviceman's Handbook, nor would it be able to receive and hold the threaded regulator if it was not permanently connected to the T/C unit or machined into it.

Your opinion?
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

cub47
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Touch Control Rebuild

Postby cub47 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:48 am

Stanton wrote:My question: Is the inner portion supposed to come out or not (what I'm pointing to in the second picture)?

Stanton, no and in regards to ref #22, what version of the parts manuals are you referencing, I checked and mine does not match up.

Are you replacing the oil strainer in the block?

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Stanton » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:39 am

cubguy47 wrote:Stanton, no and in regards to ref #22, what version of the parts manuals are you referencing, I checked and mine does not match up.
Are you replacing the oil strainer in the block?

I'm replacing all the o-rings in the T/C unit and want to make sure I get them all.

T/C Manual referenced: Rudi's manuals--Blue Ribbon Service Manuals--GSS-1024T/C Manual , pages 30-31 (exploded view of T/C unit [p.30] w/ corresponding index [p.31]).

I believe you've answered my question. Thanks.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

cub47
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cub47 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:02 am

Ok, that is why I was reading a different part reference number 22 than what you had, I was reading my parts manual rev F. Sorry.

Return to “Farmall Cub”