This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Dual drawbars

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Dual drawbars

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:45 am

Let me run this by you and see what you think...

If I mount the plow on a second drawbar in the correct position, can the "original" drawbar be swung up out of the way enough to allow the plow to function properly?

For some reason I want to put a drawbar in each position on this 1953 Cub and leave them there. Not sure why yet, especially since my plan was to put the Cub-22 sickle on this one and maybe leave it there. I just want to do stupid crazy things with this tractor, and bolt all the stuff on it that I've accumulated over the years.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Re: Dual drawbars

Postby Barnyard » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:03 am

Matt Kirsch wrote:If I mount the plow on a second drawbar in the correct position, can the "original" drawbar be swung up out of the way enough to allow the plow to function properly?

Matt, I'm pretty sure it can be done, but to properly balance the load you will need to mount a 54A grader blade in front of the Cub
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:07 am

I've got a 2-spool hydraulic valve and a bypass block in the box too... Guess I could rig up a hydraulic cylinder to lift the 54A blade independently of the 193 plow in back.

All my hydraulic hoses and fittings are out at the farm in Dad's shop...

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:16 am

That set up should work great if you want to plow snow off the garden as you turn the dirt under.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:18 am

I must be missing something, You are talking about swinging up the rear drawbar to allow a molboard plow to be used on the front drawbar. No need for a front weight for that. However, removing the pivot locking bolt so you can swing the drawbar up each time you want to make the change is more trouble than loosening the bolts and lifting the rear drawbar off. Not to mention that climbing on and off around that depth lever gets old after a while if you intend to leave it on all the time.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:45 pm

That's exactly what I was thinking...

Keep in mind that the key word here is "stupid." Maybe "crazy stuipd" even. Didn't say that there had to be any gain or any sense in doing it... I just have a bunch of parts and accessories I've accumulated, and never got around to installing.

muleboss
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 66839

Postby muleboss » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:13 pm

I am trying to picture this. A plow, cycle mower and a snow blade. Shirley you can mount something on the left side to keep it balanced. Maybe another cycle mower, then you could mow going in reverse.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:03 pm

Matt Kirsch wrote:That's exactly what I was thinking...

Keep in mind that the key word here is "stupid." Maybe "crazy stuipd" even. Didn't say that there had to be any gain or any sense in doing it... I just have a bunch of parts and accessories I've accumulated, and never got around to installing.
I will not say anything, I am the guy that has a belly mount blade, front mount blade, and carryall on the tractor all at the same time.

Ole90633
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17701
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall Cub Standard

Postby Ole90633 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:11 am

Alright, even considering the April 1st start of this post...

Looks like a contest is shaping-up to see how many implements can be mounted on a Cub, all at the same time, and still do something with at least one them :wink:

I can't wait to see the pictures :{_}:

Don

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:45 pm

does this count?
The arm from the lift to the front blade is adjustable to allow me to change it's height, so when I am using the grader blade I just adjust it to clear the ground by 4 to 6 inches, depending on how far I turn the turn buckle. If we are expecting a deep snow, I raise the belly blade and pull the center pin then fold the blade flat and chain it to the hook just above it. I have also modified the lift arm bracket on the carryall so I can change how much ground clearance it has, and can let it all the way down or carry it several inches above the ground even when one of the blades are down. In this particular picture we had just had a late snow that blew and drifted pretty bad, and since I had already set the front blade high I just left it that way and let the front blade roll the top layer, and the belly blade rolled the bottom 4 or 5 inches. I did have a little problem with it piling up between the front wheels, but all it took was just a little jog to the left to get the snow to go ahead and slide out the right side.

If you think it needs a 4th item I guess I could add the umbrella. :lol:

brichter
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32449
eBay ID: Kinardhippy
Skype Name: Billy.Ray.Richter

Postby brichter » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:23 pm

My Loader Cub also has a belly mower attached. Wonder what else I could hook to it.
If you're gonna dream or steal, do it BIG

The best things in life aren't things.
1951 Cub
1963 Corvair
lots more junk

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:07 pm

Wait... I think this is getting out of hand...

You guys are putting front blades and sickle mowers on here... I was just wondering if the rear drawbar would swing up enough to clear the plow and let it work properly if I used a second drawbar instead of relocating the original.

Plow comes off if the mower goes on.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:29 pm

Matt Kirsch wrote:I just want to do stupid crazy things with this tractor, and bolt all the stuff on it that I've accumulated over the years.

Matt Kirsch wrote:Wait... I think this is getting out of hand...
...You guys are putting front blades and sickle mowers on here...

Well Matt, when you toss that top statement at us we tend to get creative! :lol:

Circle of Safety

Return to “Farmall Cub”