This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

TC controle valve leaking.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
64/67lo-boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23453
Tractors Owned: .
48 cub
67 loboy
52 super c
74 cub 154
50 c
Circle of Safety: Y

TC controle valve leaking.

Postby 64/67lo-boy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:57 pm

Ive had an oil leak on my TC block were the controle valve is. Not sure what to do. Can I fix this by simply replacing some o rings or is this a complete tear down and rebuild of the TC?
Pete from Virginia Beach

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Re: TC controle valve leaking.

Postby Boss Hog » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:05 pm

just replace an o ring
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:52 pm

Ditto to what Boss said. I've done it on my 52 Cub
Thomas

64/67lo-boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
48 cub
67 loboy
52 super c
74 cub 154
50 c

Postby 64/67lo-boy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:23 pm

Finaly found the right O ring I needed for the controle valve on my TC block. Found it at ACE hardware. Put it in after lunch today. Reassembeled the 48 and did a little plowing. Got it done but the clutch was jerking in and out. It would pull real good but some times it would chatter and slip in a jerking way. I put a new clutch disk in it and adjusted the preasure plate in late fall. This was the first time I got to use it under a load. It has the Auburn clutch preasure plate. I sure do like the rockford ones thats whats in my loboy. It will either spin or stall but never slip. Maybe the springs are week after 60 plus years.
Pete from Virginia Beach

cub47
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cub47 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:56 pm

64/67lo-boy wrote:Got it done but the clutch was jerking in and out. It would pull real good but some times it would chatter and slip in a jerking way. I put a new clutch disk in it and adjusted the preasure plate in late fall. This was the first time I got to use it under a load. It has the Auburn clutch preasure plate. I sure do like the rockford ones thats whats in my loboy. It will either spin or stall but never slip. Maybe the springs are week after 60 plus years.

Did you recheck the pressure plate finger height after you noticed this? I would inspect all of the clearances from the access hole. Something sounds out of adjustment to me.

64/67lo-boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
48 cub
67 loboy
52 super c
74 cub 154
50 c

Postby 64/67lo-boy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:03 pm

Yes I had to readjust all the fingers. The measurement was way short when I checked it. I did it while it was bolted to the fly wheel and I had the tractor split. The previous clutch disc was not that worn, but it slipped realy bad. The clutch pedal shaft was gunked up and did not want to return all the way back to its resting point. I also had to back out the throwout bearing to get the correct clearence form the fingures and pedal play. Not sure if you resurface these flyweels or not. Could it be glazed up? This cub was a non runner when I got it. Im sure it had a hard life up in Maine.
Pete from Virginia Beach

cub47
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cub47 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:56 pm

Did the flywheel face show any rust or scoring when you had it apart?

64/67lo-boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
48 cub
67 loboy
52 super c
74 cub 154
50 c

Postby 64/67lo-boy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:06 am

To tell you the truth, I dont quite remember. Had my son helping with the clutch change out and I dont think I QA'd that step. Looks like I will be splitting it again this weekend.
Pete from Virginia Beach

cub47
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cub47 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:49 am

64/67lo-boy wrote:To tell you the truth, I dont quite remember. Had my son helping with the clutch change out and I dont think I QA'd that step. Looks like I will be splitting it again this weekend.

If I am following you right and from what I have read, it sounds like the clutch has been acting up even after replacement. I think re-splitting is probably best, the fact that you had everything adjusted properly and it is still acting up makes me think something may have been overlooked or an adjustment is still off, keep us posted.

Return to “Farmall Cub”