This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

CCC 1215 Rear wheel removal?? How?

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

CCC 1215 Rear wheel removal?? How?

Postby Former Member » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:06 am

Is there a secret besides penetrant and a BFH.

Testing it out before a final trade, and this mng the rear left tire is flat and the front is soft. I have a White rear assembly with good wheels and tires. It looked like an easy swap(ha ha) how do you get the blasted wheels off?

HELP! :help: :lost: :help: :lost: :help: :?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: CCC 1215 Rear wheel removal?? How?

Postby Eugene » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:12 am

http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/tools-powe ... 82523.html

Couple paragraphs from top of post is an answer. Hope it helps.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:01 pm

Thanks Eugene.

Glad i have extra bolts. PB blaster is still working, mushroomed the original bolt a couple threads. I got the spare tire off the other rear end, so I would know how it is s'pose to work. I will try again in a bit.

It is pretty well rusted on I think. May take a blue tipped wrench to free it up. :big afro:

We are not licked till we are out of gas. LOL

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:40 pm

Well, now i broke it good. :big smirk:

I tried and tried to get it to budge. No joy. So i removed the rotten tire and tried my big pulley puller. Could not make it fit.

So, I took my Big Freeken Hammer and started beating on the rim from the back side (I have more rims).

Well, not such a good idea. It was so rusted on, and i hit it so hard, I must have broke a snap ring that holds the axle into the rear end, cause the whole axle came out. :big smirk: :big smirk:

Now I dont know if it will be easier to tear the rear end apart and replace the ring, after I do get the wheel off the axle, or replace the whole rear end with the one off the white parts tractor. I think it might be the same rear assembly.

Any advice is helpfull.

Dale

gitractorman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14072
eBay ID: toysforjake
Tractors Owned: Lots of Cub Cadets!
1951 Farmall Cub
1977 IH Cub
1966 IH Cub
1965 IH Lo Boy
1964 IH Lo Boy
1949 Farmall Cub
Several IH 154 Lo Boys
1979 IH 184 Lo Boy
Simplicity 4416 Sovereign
Simplicity Conquest
Simplicity Legacy 4x4 Diesel
Mitsubishi MT180D 4x4 Diesel
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby gitractorman » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:11 am

Dale,
Unfortunatly, most of those rear ends are sealed, and not serviceable. They're probably the same unit. MTD built both the Cub Cadet and White tractors. If they look the same, just swap them out. Probably take less time than you spent hammering on that old rim!
Cub Cadets 682, 1811, 1864, Simplicity Legacy XL 4x4 Diesel with FEL, 60" mower, 50" Tiller

Return to “Cub Cadet”