This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Stone Rake

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
1farmall95cub0
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17762
Tractors Owned: 1950 Farmall Cub
1945 Farmall H

Stone Rake

Postby 1farmall95cub0 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:21 pm

My neighbor needs a stone rake for her yard, tons of stones everywhere after they put in a new geo..somekinda fancy heating system, i forget! she said something to me about renting a stone rake from best line, but i have a feeling that all they will have is one for a 3pt hitch, so im wondering now if theres any way of using a 3pt hitch stone rake with a cub with a drawbar, if i made 2 bottom brackes that mounted on the drawbar and then the rear rockshaft could raise and lower the rake, has anyone every done something like this before, is it even possible? thanks, Kile

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Stone Rake

Postby Rudi » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:35 pm

My local go-to rental guy - Reliable Rentals has a 5' York Rake with an ATV hitch. That is the one that I use when I need it. So, I don't think they would be hard to find.

For example: 3 foot York Rake Rental

I am sure you can find a 5 foot for rent close by. Might take a bit of looking.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

1farmall95cub0
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17762
Tractors Owned: 1950 Farmall Cub
1945 Farmall H

Postby 1farmall95cub0 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:04 am

ok, yeah i havent stoped into check with them yet, was just looking around on there website, ill stop in and see what they have tomarro, thanks

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:15 am

Those fancy geothermal units are expensive to put in, and if you install horizontal loops they leave a real mess from the 6 foot deep trenches, but they sure do operate cheap. They do take some getting used to if you have never had a heat pump before, because the air coming out is not as hot as we are normally used to for heat. There is a lot of smiling when the electric bill comes though.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”