This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Braden Wench well OK a winch

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Braden Wench well OK a winch

Postby Eugene » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:41 pm

Son picked up a Braden Wench, Model M2-144. Wench has 12 inch diameter 2 belt pulley. 30 input revolutions to 1 drum revolution. Wench has no disconnect mechanism to free wheel the cable spool. Apparently the only way to let out the cable is a reversible hydraulic or electric motor.

Son is thinking he wants to use the wench to pull root rotted stumps.

Questions. What would be the least expensive method of providing reversible power to the wench?. Have remote hydraulic outlets on Bobcat skid steer with reversible flow direction via foot control. Have 12 volt sources on all farm equipment. Could build another hydraulic power unit using single cylinders engines on the shelf.

Build a mount for to fit the Bob Cat skid steer bucket? Build a 2 wheel trailer with hydraulic arms to brace against the pull?
Last edited by Eugene on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rabbit Holler Flash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Re: Braden Wench

Postby Rabbit Holler Flash » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:21 pm

You will find out belt pulley drive will not work . Thats a Pto powered winch off a dodge military truck. Change belt pulleys to chain drive then get you a old 3 speed manual trannyn mount it so you chain drive off off it to winch and power it with pto shaft off tractor to tranyy not only reverse but multi speed power in . Have used BIG winches on trucks that used the 4 speed aux to run pto.

Rabbit Holler Flash
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Rabbit Holler Flash » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:27 pm

Afterthought never saw a winch like that that didnt have a throw lever to release it for free wheel. Should have a knob you pull up n move lever left or right to free wheel then move back for power. Its just a small declutck slide on the gearbox side. They usally stick tight and you may have to hand turn power in shaft by hand one way or other to get it to allow lever to free wheel

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:58 pm

Will look the wench over closely for a disconnect between the gear box and wench drum.

3 speed transmission, great idea. Got a Cub Cadet hydro on the shelf and a JD lawn tractor with Peerless transmission ready for departing.

More ideas welcome.
I have an excuse. CRS.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:03 pm

Eugene, does your wife know you are looking for a way to hook up with a wench? I would not think she would be very happy.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:14 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Eugene, does your wife know you are looking for a way to hook up with a wench? I would not think she would be very happy.
Well John. Told wife son paid $20- for a wench. Then it took a bit of explaining.
I have an excuse. CRS.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:30 pm

Suggest you buy a winch next time.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:52 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Suggest you buy a winch next time.
Pronounced the same. Gotta blame it on my spell checker.

Besides that winch sounds like more fun. Or may be not.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Rabbit Holler Flash
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Rabbit Holler Flash » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:17 pm

You may only see a shaft or bolt looking nub.The actual lever if i remember right was a split design and clamped onto the nub that actually moved the clutch assembly. Thinkin it was lighter weight pot/cast metal and got broke easy. Info from years of keeping MO DEPT Of CONSERVATION , surplus property ,Fire Dept "BRUSH BUGGIES" alive n fightin fires. They all were Jeep n Dodge based military 4x4 units.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:16 pm

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”