This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How much?- oils, etc.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub Junk
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70062

How much?- oils, etc.

Postby Cub Junk » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi, bought an old Farmall Cub, we were told it's a 1946, probably not? We need all info about how much of whichever fluids it requires. We could guess, but we'd rather have proper info. We're pretty much rebuilding most of her. Stevens Ag has sent us a manual, parts list, price list, and the parts we already knew we'd need. Now, we need to know what all that doesn't contain.
Thanks, Cub Junk

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Re: How much?- oils, etc.

Postby tmays » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Welcome to the forum! First year of production for cubs was 1947. Does your cub have a serial number plate? The home page here has a link that will give you the year of your cub from the serial number. Go to the manuals link above and check out the cub operator manual. It will give you all the fluid capacities and basically anything else you'd like to know
Thomas

Donegal Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Donegal Cub » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:29 pm

Hi Cub Junk,
Welcome to the best tractor forum on this planet from the Emerald Isle :mrgreen: . And anything you need to know and cannot find in the manuals, just post your query on this forum, :help: these guys are most helpful, in fact the best in the business.
Donegal Cub :D

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:03 pm

G'day to you and congrats :applause: on acquiring your 1st new to you Cub :D If you are not careful, they can get pretty addictive :shock: One of the very first things I suggest is to become familiar with the Cub before you dig into it by reading an owner's manual. Such as say the McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub Owner's Manual 5-23-47. Understanding the tractor before you try to "fix" anything will save you lots of probable grief later on down the road.

For example: Lubrication

But this only tells part of the story, for the rest you need to look at this:

And that is just the start. Suggest you grab a cup of coffee/tea/something you like, a comfy chair and read a bit of the info in the links below. There is a lot of information and a ton of resources for our members.

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server. Enjoy!.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Cub Junk
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70062

Postby Cub Junk » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:26 pm

Thanks y'all, I did download a few years of the manuals when I found that page after posting my question. Excellent. I had no idea Farmall was so international, yes, I knew it came from "International" Harvester, but when I lived in England, I never saw any. Glad to meet you. If we run into any more problems, I'll post. Of course, I'll be adding some pix of her as we go along.

CapeCodCubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02747
Tractors Owned: .
1948 F Cub Fast hitch
1949 F Cub
1950 F Cub Fast hitch
1965 Loboy Fast hitch
1966 Loboy with 1000 loader
1976 International Cub
several walk behind garden tractors
(20) FastHitch implements
tons' of cultivating and planting stuff
C-16 Cub Middlebuster
(2) A33 Cub bean harvester
NOS Planet Jr. planter
172 planter, large combo hopper, 101A fertilzer hopper
Cole 250# fertilizer hopper with chain drive.

Postby CapeCodCubs » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:39 pm

Cub Junk wrote:Thanks y'all, I did download a few years of the manuals when I found that page after posting my question. Excellent. I had no idea Farmall was so international, yes, I knew it came from "International" Harvester, but when I lived in England, I never saw any. Glad to meet you. If we run into any more problems, I'll post. Of course, I'll be adding some pix of her as we go along.

International, yes...you got responses fromm Canada, Ireland and Mississippi

randallc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 72940
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub, 152 disk plow, 2 gang disk, belly mower, sickle mower
1949 Farmall Cub, cultivator, moldboard plow, disk,front blade. Cub Cadet, LTX1045 Mower. Cub Cadet's 109, 125, 1000, and 1250
1961 cub c2 belly mower and full blade. 48 cub manual lift with cultivators.
1947 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby randallc » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:30 am

Welcome to the forum from Arkansas. Since you have found this forum, you found the best tool you will have working on your cub; thanks to the founding fathers, the moderator's who keep the site well oiled and running smoothly, and to those who have unselfishly shared their wealth of information and knowledge.
Guinea, 1951 Farmall Cub; Jumping Willy, 1949 Farmall Cub, 61 Cub, Scrapy, and 48 Cub Al, 48 cub, Billy D.

Return to “Farmall Cub”