This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

disk plowing

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
TJG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: disk plowing

Postby TJG » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:26 pm

I can imagine the amount of arm strength used to keep the tractor straight during this plowing. Fun times!

Maybe cutting the furrows narrower would have helped. Instead of keeping the front tire against the near-side (land side) of the furrow, you can run the front tire against the far-side (plowed side) of the existing furrow. It takes longer and more passes, but the I've done this with the disc plow and the ground is more even.

Otherwise the garden will look very good once it is smoothed out and disked.

Todd

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Tom K
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40356

Postby Tom K » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:11 pm

This may not be the proper place to post this since I'm new and don't know my way around very good yet, but since it's a disk plowing post anyone having a 153 fast hitch disk plow I need to know what the bracket or link on the far left side looks like and attaches to so I can make one. Thanks very much Tom K

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:02 pm

Tom K wrote:.......153 fast hitch disk plow I need to know what the bracket or link on the far left side looks like and attaches to so I can make one. Thanks very much Tom K
Maybe this will help a little
http://www.tm-tractor.com/gim/FHIC_2.htm

Dale Shaw wrote:John, use the H :big afro:
No plow for it, plus not enough room to turn at ends of this little garden.

TJG wrote:I can imagine the amount of arm strength used to keep the tractor straight during this plowing. Fun times!

Maybe cutting the furrows narrower would have helped. Instead of keeping the front tire against the near-side (land side) of the furrow, you can run the front tire against the far-side (plowed side) of the existing furrow. It takes longer and more passes, but the I've done this with the disc plow and the ground is more even.
Otherwise the garden will look very good once it is smoothed out and disked. Todd
Pretty easy to steer, the 151 has a trailing weighted wheel that connects to the cub steering and helps hold it in line. I tried moving over to take a smaller cut, but did not help much. The really bad part in the middle is dead furrow, where I threw the dirt up from both sides.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:55 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:
Tom K wrote:.......153 fast hitch disk plow I need to know what the bracket or link on the far left side looks like and attaches to so I can make one. Thanks very much Tom K
Maybe this will help a little
http://www.tm-tractor.com/gim/FHIC_2.htm

It isn't clear to me which part you need. Is it in this diagram?

Tom K
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40356

Postby Tom K » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:15 pm

Thanks Jim for the reply sorry it took so long to get back, I'm on night shift and have no time. I figured out how it hooks up, it's really self explanatory, but with the plow in a different location and not on the tractor I could'nt see it clearly, because what threw me off I saw a picture of a 153, that was not on a tractor and it had a brackett or link attached to the clevis part to the left of the two mounting clamps, for what reason I have no idea. On the diagram I realize now that the bail sets in between the clevis with the pin through the hole. The brackett or link that I saw is not needed to hook it up. Thanks again because I may need your knowledge in the future. Thanks Tom K

Return to “Farmall Cub”