This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Newbie in NC

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Dances With Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub, Simplicity walk-behinds.

Newbie in NC

Postby Dances With Cubs » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:40 pm

Hi folks! I'm the new owner of a Farmall Cub, just bought it two days ago and preparing to go get it Sunday night. (Didn't have trailer at that point). It will need a lot of work, but since I'm retired, I just look at it as one simple part at a time... Looking forward to getting to know you folks. Oh, where can I find a cure for insanity? All this junky treasure just keeps following me home! :D

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

pm_wells
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Zip Code: 28635

Re: Newbie in NC

Postby pm_wells » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:49 pm

Like to say welcome to the forum. There are a lot of members from NC. If you need help with your cub just ask, someone will be happy to help.
Paul in Elkin NC

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Boss Hog » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:45 pm

Dances With Cubs wrote:Hi folks! I'm the new owner of a Farmall Cub, just bought it two days ago and preparing to go get it Sunday night. (Didn't have trailer at that point). It will need a lot of work, but since I'm retired, I just look at it as one simple part at a time... Looking forward to getting to know you folks. Oh, where can I find a cure for insanity? All this junky treasure just keeps following me home! :D

Welcome to the forum, plenty of cub folks in NC and Va and we all will be glad to help you out
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:08 pm

G'day to you and congrats :applause: on your 1st new to you Cub acquisition. Pretty much guarantee that this can get pretty addictive :wink: We have a lot of resources for our members, so you may wish to follow the links and spend a bit of time reading.

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server. Enjoy!.

Dances With Cubs wrote:Oh, where can I find a cure for insanity?

This would not be the place for that to occur :bellylaugh: Most of us are well and truly addicted :roll:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Dances With Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dances With Cubs » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:36 pm

Thanks, guys. Looking forward to picking up my Cub and learning the ins and outs of it. Definitely will take some work, but a bit of rust seems to be the worst problem. Looks like it sat outside most of it's life. So, just need to get it home and go over everything.
Morris H.
Kannapolis, NC

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Postby ricky racer » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:38 pm

Dances With Cubs wrote: Oh, where can I find a cure for insanity? All this junky treasure just keeps following me home! :D

We want pictures!! :{_}: :{_}:
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Dances With Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dances With Cubs » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:48 pm

Pics of this ugly brute will come as soon as I get it. Stoopid me forgot to pull out my phone and take some when I looked it over and made the purchase. :roll:
Morris H.
Kannapolis, NC

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N

Postby dgrapes59 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:30 pm

Welcome to the Forum!

Watch out, they can be addictive!

Enjoy your Cub,
David

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower

Postby Dale Finch » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:44 pm

Another welcome from a fellow NC member...Chapel Hill. Where are you located? If you are not familiar with cubfests, you should try to join a bunch of good, generous and very knowledgeable folks May 31- June 1 just across the border in VA ...Boss Hog's VA Cubfest.

You can bring your new toy and we can help you resolve most problems you may encounter after you pick it up.

Is it running? What year is it? If you aren't sure, this website can answer many questions. Also, as Rudi mentioned, there are many resources on this forum...check the links at the top of the page. Most manuals have been posted ...owners, service, parts as well as implements.

Once again welcome, learn all about these great tractors, read the manuals, ask questions and post those photos!!! :D
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:18 am

Welcome to the forum. I hate to tell you but i don't think there is a cure for cubitis.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Dances With Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dances With Cubs » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:10 pm

Well, she's home! Bought a new trailer yesterday and got it picked up today. The serial number, 27xxx, tells me it is a 1948, and really showing it, too. Can't get it to fire so I haven't heard it run. Does turn over fine and seems to have compression. My guess is corroded electricals; lots of rust on the terminals here and there. Loose coil, rusty ignition switch, corroded terminals all over. Lots of possibilities. So, I'll have my work cut out for me.

And yes, before you ask, I got it way on the cheap side. :D

Here she is!

Morris H.
Kannapolis, NC

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:41 am

You said you were going to post a pic of an ugly one, where is it? That Cub looks pretty decent! I like your little trailer, too. I'm looking for something like that for those times when I just need to haul my golf cart. My 20 ft. trailer is a bit unhandy for that. Welcome to the forum, enjoy your time here!

Joel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27502
Tractors Owned: 1954 super A-1 6-volt

Postby Joel » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:33 am

Welcome. I'm right "down the road" in Apex. Good to see some more folks from around here. You should be able to easily get to Agri-supply from where you are. (hwy 70 new 40) I recommend them for your everyday stuffs -fuilds, replacement implement parts, batteries, etc. They also have non-tractor related everything/anything else you'd ever want. One of my favorite places to burn money. Also, like several others have said, Boss Hog's cubfest is a lot of fun. I've been to one, but plan on returning this next time too.

Use the search feature on this forum. It's very helpful. I can't remember half the posts I've read on steps to take when identifying problems, but the search normally brings up something pretty quick.
Joel

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:02 am

Nice looking Cub. Worth your time to visit Boss Hog's swap meet and Cubfest. Lots of great folks there!
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Dances With Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dances With Cubs » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:10 pm

Thanks. Yes, I thought it looked pretty decent for the money, but up close you see the toll time and elements have taken. And now I've managed to get all the wires pulled from the distributor cap... got to find a diagram so I know what goes where. I found the coil wire was loose, and when I took the distributor cap off all the wires just fell out! That would explain why it wasn't running. ( :help: ) Gonna move that discussion over to the Cub board where it belongs.

As to the other questions, I live in Wendell, just east of Raleigh. But not for long. My house is for sale and I'm moving to Mooresville. Going to move in with my 100 year-old grandmother to help take care of her. Knowing her, it will be the other way around. :-)

Yes, that trailer is nice. Tractor Supply had them on sale for $599 instead of the usual $699. So that seemed a good time to upgrade, especially since you can't have a tractor without a trailer. But I wouldn't use it without 2x10's in the floor to protect the mesh.
Morris H.
Kannapolis, NC

Return to “Introduce Yourself”