This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Did a dummy today

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dan Stuckey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Did a dummy today

Postby Dan Stuckey » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:51 pm

Just had the Cub all put together and ready to take it back to camp and wanted to get started on some mowing. So drove it onto the trailer, had to do some messing and raised the tongue a bit to get it on the ball. Heard my wife yell something. looked up to see the tractor rolling backwards off the trailer and headed towards the neighbors garage. Well the right rear wheel hit the corner of the garage and I saw a chunk of something drop. Well, the rt axle housing bit the dust. broke right in half. So got on fleabay and found a replacement and got it bought in now time. Put it up on jacks and have it all tore apart. New one to be here by the weekend. So me is stupid. Left it in in neutral and thats why it ran away. We get o;d too fast and smart too late. :oops:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Did a dummy today

Postby danovercash » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:18 pm

Don't feel you are the only one, btdt, twice. Pushing too rough with the 100 blade cracked the left final. Another vehicle I drove at work decided to go on an adventure by it's self. The emergency/parking brake was not trustworthy. Fortunately no damage was done in the approximate 300' trip.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:15 pm

You ain't the first one to do something like that. It was raining, so I loaded the tractor with the trailer under the carport, but it was getting dark so I figured I would tie it down the next day. Next morning I hopped in the truck and pulled the trailer up to the house, and as i glanced in the mirror I saw the cub rolling to the back of the trailer. I use a 2x10 for a tailgate, and thankfully it caught the cub.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:11 am

check the implment holes on the new one to make sure the threads are not striped.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Dan Stuckey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dan Stuckey » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:42 pm

A bit miffed that I let this happen but and truely happy and lucky that the damage was to the axle housing and not the transmission case or a final drive. And I always keep in mind "We get old too fast and smart too late"

'

Return to “Farmall Cub”