This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Had A Great Day At The Dealer

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Had A Great Day At The Dealer

Postby Bill Hudson » Fri May 10, 2013 4:26 pm

I agreed to give my next door neighbor lady's Cub Cadet its spring tuneup. He husband died on Christmas Eve and I was more than willing to help her out when she asked me to do it. Plug, filters, oil change, sharpen the blades --- no problem. I found a couple of things that needed addressing so off to NAPA to get the parts. Got everything but one item and I didn't want to wait till the next day to have it shipped. He suggested that I go to a newly opened Cub Cadet dealer three miles down the road. At no charge he threw in two special bolts that needed to be replaced. Free stuff, I like. :) :)

Off to the newly open dealer (never been there before) to get the one item NAPA didn't have in stock. Showed him the part I needed and he took my old part and came back with a slightly used one (it will work fine) --- no charge. :) :) Did I say that I like free stuff.

Bottom line, I could have gotten all exercised because NAPA did not have one part in stock, left with my nose out of joint because I had to drive three miles to get the part. Then entered the new business with an upset attitude and looking like it. I'm sure that I wouldn't have gotten free stuff at either place.

Looking forward to another great day tomorrow.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Had A Great Day At The Dealer

Postby Rudi » Fri May 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Bill:

Now that is the way it is supposed to go. Supporting local dealers is a great thing. Looking on the positive side also makes life a lot easier and not stressful. I sure miss my local dealer. Since we lost him it just hasn't been the same. I have other places that I deal with and their parts people are A-1 and for the most part not only friendly but actually remember who I is and say hello by name. They are a pleasure to deal with. I guess we don't compliment enough, maybe we need to fix that.

We have a CC dealer in Shediac .. a little ways away but we go every Monday night to Captain Dan's for all you can eat fish .. hmmmm good -- breaded haddock :D , so maybe I should pop in and visit, see what his parts counter is like and ifn I can get any IHCC stuff there. It would be nice.

And yeah, free stuff is great :{_}: I think you found a keeper for a dealer along with your NAPA store :)
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri May 10, 2013 4:59 pm

I bet those guys get cookies or donuts next time you show up! :D
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13143
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub Low Boy w/ FH Mott Flail Mower
1953 Cub w/ sprayer and 54A blade (Chompers)
1954 Cub w/fast hitch (Ira)
1948 Cub ( Papa Paul)with Henderson loader..
1951 Mutt mix Cub (BattleAx
1950 Farmall Cub (basket case demo)
Cub parts tractor
2019 " KuB"ota 2601 loader and roto tiller
1951 Ferguson TEA 20 (parts)( Uncle Rusty)
F/H Disc Harrow for cub L-38
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower
Universal tool attachment with disc hillers..Rear cultivators (various tips
York Rake for Cub home made
Single bottom Plow for Cub F194
Gravely 5660 12 hp/ w snoblower.rototiller,bush hog

Postby pickerandsinger » Sat May 11, 2013 6:00 am

I am glad you had a great day and got some free stuff....I tried the baked goods thing even after the guy at Napa spent 20 minutes or so on the phone after it rang while he was 1/2 way thru my request and then asked his boss about the request the phone customer made but didn't complete and discussed it for another 10 minutes or so....I really hope he enjoys the ex-lax cupcake... :bellylaugh: Dave
In Memory of 58,286

coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .

Postby coppersmythe » Sat May 11, 2013 6:38 am

for the most part i've had good experiences with parts guys . some are like a mirror . they reflect back what they see , the best just do their job with a smile and try to please everyone . you get a sour apple every so often , but i got a feeling that happens on both sides of the counter :wink: coppersmythe.............................

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sat May 11, 2013 10:20 am

Sure wish my closest dealer wasn't in Wisconsin (C&G). The local CC dealership is in the same family that owned the IH dealership. He can can still get some 'IH' parts too. Several years ago he printed out the C-2 mower parts list for me.

Glad you found a good one Bill.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

sgtbull
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62854
Tractors Owned: '36 JD B,
'40 and '46 Farmall H,
'50 Ford 8n '55 Farmall Cub,
'55 JD 70 allfuel,
lots of other toys

Postby sgtbull » Sat May 11, 2013 5:45 pm

The old idiom, "you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar" is certainly true. I've always had good luck be it an "in person" interaction or over the phone by taking a few seconds and asking the person how they are or saying something like, "this has been a tough problem and you sound like the sort of person that can finally help me, " I've gotten into all kinds of conversations with folks from the phone company, the satelite company, insurance companies, or any business that I've called for parts or assistance. I find that women who answer the phone really like to be told that they have a very "pleasant voice" and many guys really like being told that they sound like "someone who knows what they're talking about."
It seems that if you approach whatever you are seeking with the attitude that the person is going to be helpful and efficient, and convey that to them, they WANT to be helpful and efficient. A few well chosen words can go along way to making a very good interaction just as a few poorly chosen words, (or inflexion) can make it a miserable experience.... that is, of course, unless you are dealing with a bureaucrat... in which case, good luck..... you're going to need it!
I've never met a tractor I didn't like....but I have found some that were greatly annoying....

CapeCodCubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02747
Tractors Owned: .
1948 F Cub Fast hitch
1949 F Cub
1950 F Cub Fast hitch
1965 Loboy Fast hitch
1966 Loboy with 1000 loader
1976 International Cub
several walk behind garden tractors
(20) FastHitch implements
tons' of cultivating and planting stuff
C-16 Cub Middlebuster
(2) A33 Cub bean harvester
NOS Planet Jr. planter
172 planter, large combo hopper, 101A fertilzer hopper
Cole 250# fertilizer hopper with chain drive.

Postby CapeCodCubs » Sun May 12, 2013 11:30 am

Bill...you are a good guy for helping out your neighbor, that is what we all should do. Wish you were my neighbor, but you kind of are, just one that lives in Ohio! And still helps out his neighbor in Massachusetts from time to time. :) Chis

coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .

Postby coppersmythe » Sun May 12, 2013 6:01 pm

they just dont come any better than mr. bill hudson . its just a shame we all live so far from each other, but, that's what we deal with , and quite well . i do have redfin close by , eric , hambone, gary b. ect . they do keep things lively . and at jim foose's cajunfests , you never know what will be on the "lunch table " :shock: :lol: coppersmythe...................

Return to “Farmall Cub”