This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Oil Change question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Papa's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 31553
Tractors Owned: 1966 Int'l Cub, C-2 mower 2005 Farm-Trac, 7ft Harrows and Box blade 1976 Int'l Cub, Woods 59 mower, Turn Plow, Full set of cultivators, Harrows, 174 Planter & Fertilizer unit 1953 Farmall Cub,full set of spring cultivators, wheel weights,
PTO belt pulley, snow plow and misc parts.
Circle of Safety: Y

Oil Change question

Postby Papa's Cub » Sat May 11, 2013 12:27 pm

I looked in the online manual for the crankcase oil and it says 3 quarts. Sure seems that more than that drained from the pan and filter. Maybe not. Is this correct? Thanks!
If you always do what you've always done -- you'll always get what you've always got!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Oil Change question

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat May 11, 2013 12:46 pm

yes, 3 quarts. If you got mote than that out it may have been overfilled or the touch control pump may be leaking into the engine crankcase ( common problem). have you had to add fluid to the touch control?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Papa's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 31553
Tractors Owned: 1966 Int'l Cub, C-2 mower 2005 Farm-Trac, 7ft Harrows and Box blade 1976 Int'l Cub, Woods 59 mower, Turn Plow, Full set of cultivators, Harrows, 174 Planter & Fertilizer unit 1953 Farmall Cub,full set of spring cultivators, wheel weights,
PTO belt pulley, snow plow and misc parts.
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Oil Change question

Postby Papa's Cub » Sat May 11, 2013 12:50 pm

yes, a few months ago. You're right it was over full, I forgot about the oil when I put a kit in the pump a few months ago. I just finished putting a kit in the block to stop another leak and decided to change the engine oil too. Thanks for the info.
If you always do what you've always done -- you'll always get what you've always got!

Return to “Farmall Cub”