This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1966 cub lo-boy, brake and clutch pedels

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mike.s.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47989
Tractors Owned: 1966 cub lo-boy square hood
1948 case VAC
1953 ford 8N

1966 cub lo-boy, brake and clutch pedels

Postby mike.s. » Mon May 13, 2013 10:50 am

i just bought a 1966 cub lo-boy... first problem i am having.. for some reason the left side brake and cluch pedel seem to be frozen together, they both move no matter what pedel i push on, right side moves on it"s own.. i am guessing the left side and cluch should move on they"r own also. i can"t figure out how thats suppose to happen because it looks like they share the same shaft that goes through the tranny housing... anyone know how to adjust these. i found a manual online but it doesn"t show much.. thanks in advance

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: 1966 cub lo-boy, brake and clutch pedels

Postby Former Member » Mon May 13, 2013 11:57 am

Lots of penetrant and elbow grease.

The brake shaft goes through the clutch assembly. A little heat might help. Worse case senario, you may need to split the tractor to get lubricant where you need it :big smirk:

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon May 13, 2013 9:54 pm

Mike:

G'day to you and congrats :applause: on acquiring your very 1st new to you Cub :!: There are lots of resources available to our members, suggest you take some time and follow the links below:

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server. Enjoy!.

Lubricate all the connections/moving parts with a GOOD penetrating oil. Try to move the pieces every time. Keep squirting the penetrating oil into all openings/connections. Patience is key and it will pay off.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Tue May 14, 2013 7:50 am

Newer Cubs have a grease fitting on the bottom of the casting. Often overlooked!
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby grumpy » Tue May 14, 2013 8:23 am

Make sure the pedals are not locked together. Please DO NOT ask. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

mike.s.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47989
Tractors Owned: 1966 cub lo-boy square hood
1948 case VAC
1953 ford 8N

Postby mike.s. » Tue May 14, 2013 10:56 am

well sucess!!! clutch now moves on it's own,, thanks to the help on here and some PB Blaster and a BFH and and a couple well placed hits lol... wasn't frozen together too bad but enough that kicking it didn't bust it loose.. and yea i found the grease zerks and those got a few shots in em.. now to tackle the carb, i know it has some plugged jets, it only runs with the choke full on, but that should be easy to fix..

Return to “Farmall Cub”