This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Ya'll Will Love This.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
PVF1799
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12009
eBay ID: kepara
Tractors Owned: 1929 Farmall Regular #T111250 (Original Owner)
1942 Farmall M #55654
1948 Farmall Cub #21005
1955 Farmall Cub #190769
1961 Cub Cadet #16509
1975 Cub Cadet 1250H
197x IH 990 Haybine
1994 JD 5320 Diesel
Attachments: Woods 42F Fast Hitch, L38 Disc Fast Hitch, F11 Plow Fast Hitch, Land Plow, Snow Plow, Grader Blade, Planter w/Fertilizer, Cultivators, Hilling Disks, Sickle Bar Mower(2), IH 7' Sickle Bar Mower, Flail Mower and 5' International Belly Mower.
Circle of Safety: Y

Ya'll Will Love This.

Postby PVF1799 » Fri May 24, 2013 5:55 pm

The Story of the Right Brake Pedal. :D

In my quest to strip our Cub down to the barest element - I embarked on the quest for removing the right brake pedal from the bushings on the platform. More correctly the brake pedal from the brake shaft - it was turning freely in the bushing.

Into the press it went - after much shimming, aligning, etc. All was positioned ready to push down through the clutch bushing and the left brake bushing to - just press that shaft right out of that brake petal. In advance of this - I'd been using Kroil on it for the last couple of weeks - little squirts everyday.

Now comes the big decision, what's laying around the shop the right diameter and long enough to go down through all the bushings - Ahhh the perfect piece of steel - why not just use the clutch and left brake shaft......??????

Do any of you know what happened next? I cleaned the shaft on the wire wheel - it slipped easily into the bushings and with heat and 20 ton - I sure enough pushed that right brake pedal shaft clean out of the brake lever. Awesome Yippee....

In my wisdom and perhaps the rush to get this part out - I theorized that I'd be able to EASILY remove the right brake pedal from the pushing rod - WRONG - WRONG - WRONG - now I had the Long Shaft Stuck in the Right Brake Pedal. You laughing yet. Nope I couldn't take the time to go to the farm and get a piece of 9/16 steel rod - I had to DO IT NOW.....

So Today - I had to build a special jig and shims to support the brake bushings the platforms, etc, so I could push the long shaft out of the Right Brake Pedal. :D :D No I DID NOT use the right brake pedal shaft :D. I used a 9/16 bolt. I am pleased to report the brake pedal is NOW Free at last.

Go ahead and laugh - it's ok - I've had a good laugh at myself...... :{_}:

Have a Great Weekend. Ken

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Re: Ya'll Will Love This.

Postby Bob McCarty » Fri May 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Ken, I'd be more than happy to send you a few more to practice on. :lol:

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Postby ricky racer » Fri May 24, 2013 7:36 pm

You should be fiming this!! :{_}: :lol:
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13143
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub Low Boy w/ FH Mott Flail Mower
1953 Cub w/ sprayer and 54A blade (Chompers)
1954 Cub w/fast hitch (Ira)
1948 Cub ( Papa Paul)with Henderson loader..
1951 Mutt mix Cub (BattleAx
1950 Farmall Cub (basket case demo)
Cub parts tractor
2019 " KuB"ota 2601 loader and roto tiller
1951 Ferguson TEA 20 (parts)( Uncle Rusty)
F/H Disc Harrow for cub L-38
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower
Universal tool attachment with disc hillers..Rear cultivators (various tips
York Rake for Cub home made
Single bottom Plow for Cub F194
Gravely 5660 12 hp/ w snoblower.rototiller,bush hog

Postby pickerandsinger » Sat May 25, 2013 1:47 pm

Well Ken, save for the name of the part, in my case the pto sickle pulley, and broken cotter key in the shaft, and a quick reach for an abandoned screw driver to make a drift with, a 5 ton press, and a few other whoops's and thats how I got a broken 100 dollar (ebay) pulley and a refurbished pto shaft in my 53... Just remember only the strong persevere....or something like that.. Dave
In Memory of 58,286

Return to “Farmall Cub”