This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hub City PTO reducers for Cubs

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Steve K. CALIF
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93636
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub #550
1962 LoBoy
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Hub City PTO reducers for Cubs

Postby Steve K. CALIF » Sun May 26, 2013 11:20 am

Steve K. CALIF Re. Hub City PTO reducers

Postby Steve K. CALIF » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:44 am
Hello All,
I have not been too busy with my Cub projects for the last year or so, due to extensive neck operations July 14th and 15th of 2008. Removed four disc, added in carbon fiber discs, rods and lots of tungsten screws (28 of them). Not an x-ray for the faint of heart! Healing to take up to 3 years.
I officially went back to work in Oct. 08 but due to the "global economic downturn" was laid off from Hub City in Feb. 09.
Therefore, I want to let those of you who were interested in the possible run of new Cub Hub City reducer/reversers, know that the project is stalled.
There maybe some small hope to regenerate it at a later date, but, Hub City is not too interested at this time.
I am sorry I was not able to complete this project for you all.
Thanks for your interest.
Steve Kubeck

Since this post in 2009, I have had additional neck and back surgery. A total of four majors in 4 years and just got the news this week that I will be getting another fusion in June 2013! I am tired of all of this and want to be well again. Then, maybe the Hub City reducers can get another look at. Best to all, Steve K.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

shyntempt
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: E7J1V7
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub

Postby shyntempt » Sun May 26, 2013 12:28 pm

Steve K.
Just want to take a few lines to thank you for your efforts in promoting our Cub interests, especially relating to the Hub City PTO reducer. I believe there is likely enough interest in this project (just from reading post history) to substantiate a small run of these, but its hard to get cub owners spread across the continent all singing from the same sheet. Most would want a concrete price set before commitment. I guess those of us who would like one will have to look a little harder or wait a little longer. I hope your back condition improves. Sounds like you have endured much pain already. Again, thanks for your efforts in the hub city gearbox endeavor.

Jerry

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13143
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub Low Boy w/ FH Mott Flail Mower
1953 Cub w/ sprayer and 54A blade (Chompers)
1954 Cub w/fast hitch (Ira)
1948 Cub ( Papa Paul)with Henderson loader..
1951 Mutt mix Cub (BattleAx
1950 Farmall Cub (basket case demo)
Cub parts tractor
2019 " KuB"ota 2601 loader and roto tiller
1951 Ferguson TEA 20 (parts)( Uncle Rusty)
F/H Disc Harrow for cub L-38
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower
Universal tool attachment with disc hillers..Rear cultivators (various tips
York Rake for Cub home made
Single bottom Plow for Cub F194
Gravely 5660 12 hp/ w snoblower.rototiller,bush hog

Postby pickerandsinger » Sun May 26, 2013 3:49 pm

Just a quick reply...In 2001 I had 3 titanium discs and a cadaver bone graph in my neck...Took me about 1 1/2 years to 90% recover but I did, despite screwing it up trying to do to much to quickly....The "trying to do to much to quickly" is the reason for the reply....Take it slow....They want to fuse my lower back 4/5 but I am holding off as I just had another major operation a while back...Anyhow you'll get there....Patience and shuffle the cards....Dave
In Memory of 58,286

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon May 27, 2013 8:16 am

Thanks Rick for the info. I will keep looking for the right ones. Maybe I can get the model numbers off of my unit.

Steve:

Take care my friend. I know how hard this is in some ways .. but just take your time, take it easy, listen to the docs and just hope. The Lord has His plan and unfortunately we do not know what it is, just have to trust in Him (+).
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Steve K. CALIF
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93636
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub #550
1962 LoBoy

Postby Steve K. CALIF » Mon May 27, 2013 11:30 am

Thanks to you gentlemen for your kind comments.
Jerry, yes a lot of effort had been put into the PTO project and had only begun to show some fruit with Hub City and the need of some fellow Cubers. I will be happy to investigate the possible parts producing/sourcing from the Mfg. when able.
Dave, yes, I know of disc issues, too. In July '08, had five disc in neck replaced with carbon fiber washers and carbon fiber stripe in front of neck. Two wires in back of neck with "tinker toy assemblies" for fusion. Total of 28 titanium screws at that time! In Sept. '12 had five fusions to the lower back to fix botched broken back job from 2010. In Jan. '13 had emergency neck surgery at UCSan Francisco to keep from being paralyzed. Thank God for the success of this one! This has all left me a long healing process that is not over yet. I will get my next fusion in my lower back about the end of June. This should be the end of this whole mess.
Rudi, thanks for the motivational thoughts. I get this from my wife on a daily basis,too. I know this is correct and hope we all do have a plan from God as to why we go through this. I will be better and I know it. So frustrating this last 5 years. Lots of changes to health and lifestyle as you are familiar with, too.
Looking forward to getting physical with my restoration needs of Cub, Power Wagon, GTO and Coot! Now, doctor has me limited to 10 lb. lifting. That is a challenge to maintain!
My best to you all, I know there are many out there that are far worse off than me, and I pray for their health and well-being. Steve K.

Return to “Farmall Cub”