This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Morph Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Morph Cub

Postby SONNY » Sun May 26, 2013 10:50 am

This is the new cub.---no oil pressure to speak of,---BUT we got LIGHTS!!! YA!!----The mower (which it wont even attempt to pull) is a newer model Woods for some tractor ( they got it mounted But its too big for a cub)---it comes off and the wheels gotta go in,--now I need front tires/wheels to put on it, (back tires wouldnt hurt either)---motor just barely pulled it up on the trailer,----got home and put in some decent plugs and got rid of the junk Champions that were in it , now have 4 cylinders and a decent running motor,--still no oil pressure, but for just running the small sprayer on the rear platform it will do fine!
Mower shows 59,---but Model tag shows a 9700,---so dont know what thats all about----mower looks like its almost new!

Looks like it might be a 74 from what I can tell. engine rebuild will have to wait,---too many other units to put back into running order at this time! thanks; sonny

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Re: Morph Cub

Postby tmays » Sun May 26, 2013 10:59 am

Like it. I'm curious about you and Champion plugs? :-)
Thomas

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby SONNY » Sun May 26, 2013 11:08 am

Well the plug thing started about 10 years ago when several of us in this area got 1 Champion plug out of 10 that would fire!!!---tried to take them back and dealers would not take them,-- because they knew they were junk---Have not gotten good plugs from Champ. ever since and I quit buying them!!

Here is a couple pics. of the mower! thanks; sonny

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby RaymondDurban » Sun May 26, 2013 11:25 am

That mower is made for a Cub, and a Cub will run it just fine. Everything is correct for the tractor, there are no hacked up parts.

SONNY wrote:... --still no oil pressure, but for just running the small sprayer on the rear platform it will do fine! ...

So you intend in running and working this tractor with no oil pressure, but the complain about it having no power??

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460

Postby Mr E » Sun May 26, 2013 12:02 pm

So Sonny, what is you plug of choice?
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Postby danovercash » Sun May 26, 2013 1:02 pm

Sonny, I'll swap you a red 78 with woods mower and low oil press for that one!
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby SONNY » Wed May 29, 2013 10:23 pm

Got the hacked up brackets off and some of the wheels set in---our Woods dealer says that mower is NOT for cub and is for much bigger higher hp tractor.---more like allis - c or wd tractor! I am going to take the 59 off of the 185 and use the deck only on it---got 6-speed and lpto so it will work on it.--The brackets will be junked, as I wont need them.

My plugs of choice has always been AC if I can get them!---any other brand has been good to me also,---just as long as it DONT say Champion on it!

Just bought an Allis - C tractor that was running on a couple cylinders, and after the guy put all new ignition system on it ,couldnt figure out what the problem was so made me a good price on the tractor!---I brought it home got 4 good plugs and put in it!---NOW is runs perfect!--2 of his new champs were dead right out of the box! thanks; sonny

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Thu May 30, 2013 12:26 am

SONNY wrote:Got the hacked up brackets off and some of the wheels set in---our Woods dealer says that mower is NOT for cub and is for much bigger higher hp tractor.---more like allis - c or wd tractor! ......................
I am confused. A Woods 59 IS for a Cub. http://www.woodsequipment.com/productDetails.aspx?id=334 I don't know what "Model 9700" is, maybe that is what your dealer is refering to. The same 59 deck can be used on multiple tractors, as is listed, with the brackets to mount it being the difference. The "Model 9700" may refer to which mounting brackets came with this deck. The front rockshaft bracket with the upside down T shaped piece attached to two chains is correct in your pictures. So I am guessing that the "hacked up brackets" are on the final drives. There are two styles of mounting the 59 I am aware of; one is a center pipe extending from the rear center of the deck back to a bracket between the finals, and the older style which you appear to have, with two rails extending back to the finals from a u shaped piece mounted with one bolt to the center of the rear of the deck.

bythepond88
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60073

Postby bythepond88 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:48 am

The Woods 59 is for a cub (and lots of other tractors - the deck is the same but the bracketry changes with the tractor model). Apparently the "Woods 59" and "9700" confusion has arisen before: http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=62605
Michael Cummings
Eddie - a 1959 International Lo-Boy named after my father in law, who who bought her new.

cub47
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cub47 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:55 am

Can't tell without close-up pics, but that mule drive and the mower rear bracketry and arms appear similar to that of a loboy setup instead of a standard cub. Interesting.

As others have mentioned, that deck itself is universal for various configurations and tractor models.

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Thu May 30, 2013 1:16 pm

SONNY wrote:Got the hacked up brackets off and some of the wheels set in---our Woods dealer says that mower is NOT for cub and is for much bigger higher hp tractor.---

Your dealer is incorrect. It is a 59CF-2 mower, made for a F-Cub.
Here is the manual: http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/OEM%20 ... 0Hitch.pdf

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby SONNY » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:49 pm

I now have 6 Woods 59's and no two have the same push arm spacing.---as far as the rear drive being for cub,--its not.---hot exhaust blows right into the cover directly on the belt,--ruined this one--- its too short for the 185 anyway so no biggie on that part---the drive bracket that the pulleys mount on is so flimsy that you couldnt tighten the belt so it would slip. (another reason for the tractor being dumped on the sale!,--clutch was another reason, plus 2 of the good ole Champs not firing )---I got a new 9700 mower cheep and the tractor just came home because I didnt have tools to remove the mower and leave tractor behind.---steering gear is junk, jumps up and down over a inch,--them stupid front tires too fat and set out 7 feet wrecked the steering box---might try to use the box off the 49 on this one, not a "top-of-the-list thing right now, but something I will check on later.--will also have to "borrow" the 4 tires/wheels off the 49 and put on this one---I can still run my tree sprayer on it,--will have to fight the clutch, but I can live with it for this season---unless at full engine rpm when you push the peddle down the clutch kills it dead,---gov. works perfect, so thats not the problem.---something is dragging bad in there and I cant get down under there to see what it might be.

Also I have 3 different styles of push arms and none them fit the 185 without rubbing the rear tires AND I even got spacers on them fat rears.
before I put this mower on, I am going to cut the tabs off and move them in so the arms will clear the the tires with spacers left on(I am not about to fight that fat rubber just to take spacers off,LOL!!!)----been a two day job so far but am getting there to having a really nice mower! 185--6-speed---lpto---new mower deck!---It dont get any better than that! LOL!!!

As far as ole Morph,--it will make nice butt buggy IF I can get the clutch to work better----Did I mention its got lights??? red and white tail light, a flasher, and both headlights, new light switch, whole new ignition system, a lot of new wiring,etc. LOL!!!---starts right up and since I put 4 good plugs in it there is no smoke after the pistons burned clean the other day! thanks; sonny

PS---mine didnt have any "jackshaft", and had different final brackets,---thats where they hacked up the cub drawbar trying to get non-cub brackets to fit.

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:23 am

as far as the rear drive being for cub,--its not.---hot exhaust blows right into the cover directly on the belt,--ruined this one

All that tells me is the previous owner
installed a regular muffler when he should've installed the correct "whistle" style that directs the exhaust out the bottom

I agree with Raymond's link
It is a 59CF-2 mower, made for a F-Cub.
Here is the manual: http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/OEM%20 ... 0Hitch.pdf
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby SONNY » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:14 pm

Mower (whatever it is), is now on the 185, 3 day job,--blades are sharp,---tires do not rub anymore, so I am ready for a test mow! LOL!!! ---Wish me luck!

The link says that mower is for fast hitch----I no got fast hitch OR chain drive jackshaft!---took all that off today too! Its in the junk with the rest of the odd parts that wont fit anything I have! LOL!!! thanks; sonny

Return to “Farmall Cub”