This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New Cub owner in Apex, NC

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
bash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27539
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

New Cub owner in Apex, NC

Postby bash » Fri May 31, 2013 9:12 pm

Hi,
I just got a 48 Cub (SN 16569) and found this site while looking for some information. She runs great but needs some gaskets replaced, cleaned up, and a good paint job. She came with a sickle-bar mower, two-way moldboard plow, and a grader blade. Looking forward to starting the cleanup later this summer (after figuring out the implements and playing with her for a few weeks). I look forward to lots of good advice here and will be asking a lot of questions as I learn (like where is the best place to get a set of gaskets and seals). If any of y'all are close by, would be glad to have you come see her and teach me a few things.
Bruce

48cub2.jpg
48cub2.jpg (234.74 KiB) Viewed 598 times

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Joel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27502
Tractors Owned: 1954 super A-1 6-volt

Re: New Cub owner in Apex, NC

Postby Joel » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:14 am

Hi Bruce! Welcome. I live very close by. I've been getting helpful tips from this forum for about a year now. hope you enjoy the tractor. they are lots of fun!

Be sure to check out the FAQ and manual sections in the header.
Joel

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower

Postby Dale Finch » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi Bruce!! Welcome from another neighbor...Chapel Hill. Nice looking cub!

There are cross reference lists of seals and bearings here...will try to find the link for you later....and I have had good luck with Walker's NAPA for most of them. The price is usually quite a bit less than IH but if you cannot get them anywhere else, Clapp Brothers in Siler City should have them. They are great folks especially if you get Joe. He definitely knows these tractors!

If you have questions or need a hand with a project, just holler. You will probably get at least a couple volunteers. I am retired so am generally around. Just getting ready to start an engine rebuild, which I haven't done before, but have replaced most seals at one time (except front crankshaft , but that one is coming!!)

So welcome aboard and start asking those questions...lots of eager knowledgeable folks waiting to help. :big smile:

PS As Joel mentioned, check the links above...almost ALL the manuals for the cub (owners, service, parts, implements, etc) are available for free, thanks to generous forum members. Spend some time roaming the "How To" lists, etc. I am constantly finding stuff and have been reading for a few years!!
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:36 pm

I could bet coin that I had already replied to this thread ... but I guess somehow it didn't happen.

Anyways, Bruce ... G'day to you and congrats :applause: on acquiring your very 1st new to you '48 Cub. Nice honest looking Cub in great condition. Nice Cub-22 to go with it. Probably doesn't need a lot but some good ole TLC after reading the Owner's Manual :wink:

Follow the links below, lots of good info for our members and I am sure it will be lots of help:

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server. Enjoy!.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

bash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27539
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub

Postby bash » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:21 pm

Thanks for the info and links. Requested my safer gas cap and ordered the things I need most (oil pan gasket, oil filter, etc. from TM Tractor. Will order the manuals from Binder Books soon, but have been reading the ones from the lending library in the meantime. So far appears everything works well on my tractor. Started cleaning up the grader blade to paint, and making some spare wooden pitman rods for the mower just in case. Finding a lot of good info in the posts.

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:07 am

Bruce, Welcome to the forum. You will find everything you need on this forum.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Return to “Introduce Yourself”