This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

clutch pressure plate adjustment

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
TJG
10+ Years
10+ Years

clutch pressure plate adjustment

Postby TJG » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:12 am

In the manual a tool is shown for the clutch pressure plate adjustment when installing a new clutch. Is there an aftermarket or other substitute tool to perform this adjustment when installing a new clutch?

Todd

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: clutch pressure plate adjustment

Postby Eugene » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:46 am

There are several methods of adjusting the pressure plate finger height that do not require any special tools once the pressure plated is attached to the flywheel. Suggest searching the site for some suggestions.

I use a drill press. John Puckett uses a level. Lot of folks use a bent wire or small measuring tool.

Unfortunately I am using daughters lap top and can not figure out how to copy, cut and paste, locations.
I have an excuse. CRS.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:17 am

The tool shown allows adjusting the pressure plate without it being mounted to the flywheel. There are many ways to adjust the clutch, but my preferred method is to remove the flywheel and lay it on my workbench then bolt the friction disk and pressure plate back to the flywheel. I then use door/window shims which they sell at lumber yards under the flywheel to level the face of the flywheel. I adjust one finger to the 1 1/4" specification, then use my torpedo level to bring the others to the same height. I seem to get a slightly more even adjustment that way. Another way is to leave the flywheel on the cub and with the friction plate and disk mounted in place adjust the fingers all to 1 1/4' above the face of the pressure plate. I have never seen Eugene use the drill press, but as I said, there are many ways.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:26 am

Drill press. Mount pressure plate to flywheel. Set one finger to 1 1/4" height.

Install upside down drill bit into drill press chuck. Move quill down to the set finger with feeler gauge blade set on finger. Lock down quill stop. Feeler gauge the gap as a double check. Set other finger heights to the gap using feeler gauge.
I have an excuse. CRS.

twotone
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15132
Tractors Owned: 53 F Cub
73 F Cub
53 Super A With Snow/Grader Blade
193 Plow With Colter And Jointer
144 Cultivators
22 Mower

Postby twotone » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:03 pm

I used Eugene's method and I think I have them set exactly at the same height, give or take a thousandth of an inch.
Know Your Cub, And Your Cub Will Know You.

Tom

Return to “Farmall Cub”