This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tractor split problem

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
chaser
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36793

Tractor split problem

Postby chaser » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:07 pm

So finally got the front end rolled away from the engine and started unbolt ing the engine. Got everything loose and started to move the engine forward on the cherry picker. It moved easily and came out about 12 inches before I looked at the flywheel end. The clutch shaft was still in the clutch. It had pulled out of the torque tube about a foot. It was not in a bind and I just grabbed it and slid it back toward the tractor and out of the clutch. After looking at some pictures, it looks like there is some sort of coupling that has come loose at the transmission??
the motor was stuck in this tractor and I had jacked up the rear wheel and rocked it back and forth a good bit. I'm thinking maybe something broke or a bolt came loose. It never freed up though where anything would turn in gear. I'm guessing the the torque tube will have to come off to reattach the shaft?

Thanks, Brad

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Tractor split problem

Postby Dale Finch » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:36 pm

Check out #15 in this link: http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Super%20A%20-%20Super%20AV/TC-39B%20Parts%20Catalog/Page%20163.jpg
THE connection is made with 4 tapered bolts which connect through rubber washers, sort of like a universal joint.
This shows 2 of the 4 bolts. When I reassembled it I had new rubber washers made.
Here it is reinstalled with new washers.

This was done to change the leaking front transmission seal, so while you have it apart to repair the joint, I would recommend changing that seal...it is rather easy once you already have it this far apart.

Actually, I just found the original post for the whole procedure, in case you go this route:
http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=65406

Good luck!!
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

chaser
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36793

Re: Tractor split problem

Postby chaser » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:39 am

Thanks a lot Dale. That is very helpful. Guess ill have to tear it on down and figure out why it came apart.

Thanks again!
Brad

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”