This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

i think i want to go to a cubfest

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ad356
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14113

i think i want to go to a cubfest

Postby ad356 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:01 pm

well i would have to drive almost 300 miles and there is no way i could take my own tractor. i think it would be a great chance to learn how to do things on my cub. the longer i own it the better i am becoming working on it, but i still have allot to learn. they look like allot of fun

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: i think i want to go to a cubfest

Postby Bill Hudson » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:55 pm

Now you're talkin'! Great opportunity to learn more about Cubs. As a bonus, great food and even better people. As for hauling a Cub, I live in Ohio and have trailed Cubs to Kinderhook for CubFests. With a bit of prior planning we could even caravan to Kinderhook. This is what the CubFest Northeast looked like on October 7, 2011. Photo from Google Earth.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:58 pm

ad356 wrote:well i would have to drive almost 300 miles and there is no way i could take my own tractor. i think it would be a great chance to learn how to do things on my cub. the longer i own it the better i am becoming working on it, but i still have allot to learn. they look like allot of fun

Go for it! You won't regret going. Many of us travel 300, 400, and more miles to attend. My wife and I drive 750 miles one way every year to attend DSCF. Well worth the travel time.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:20 pm

Go for it! It isn't a requirement to take a tractor. Most attendees don't. Lot's to watch and learn from and if you feel inclined, pick up a wrench and lend a hand.
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:50 pm

Trust me, you don't 'think' you want to go to a Cubfest. You gotta go!
Thomas

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:16 pm

Most Cubfests have a preplanning session, via PMs. There you can ask for a demonstration on a needed skill, part(s) repair, tools, equipment and techniques.

Some Cubfests have camping facilities. Another alternative to reduce expenses is to share the ride and cost with a buddy.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:30 pm

It looks like Cecil can put a whole Cub in that e-tank he has in the middle of the back yard.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43783

Postby 1541 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:58 pm

According to your zip code it looks like you are close to Buffalo, NY. It is just about 300 miles from Buffalo or 6 hours from Buffalo to the Buckeye Cub Tug in Somerset, Oh :D

Doug

http://cubtug.com/index.html
Buckeye Cub Tug
July 26 & 27, 2024
Somerset, Ohio

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:05 pm

From my place to Cecil's it is 1111 km's or 690 miles. Takes about 10 to 11 hours or so of driving depending on traffic and weather. We do it over 2 days up and 2 days back. Nice driving time for Em and I and we get to see stuff along the way as well as stop in and see friends we have made on the forum.

Cubfest's are something you just have to do once you have attended one or hosted one. They become addictive and when you cannot make it that year, it really is a bummer. The friends we have made over the years at these events both here and in New York have enriched our lives immensely and we look forward to seeing them as often as possible. If we could attend 2 or 3 events a year, I would be quite happy.

hishonour .. makes the pilgrimage from the Buffalo area every fall, had the pleasure to finally meet him last fall along with Lt. Mike. Great fellas. You need to come on down :!:

So, as Thomas said --

tmays wrote:Trust me, you don't 'think' you want to go to a Cubfest. You gotta go!

And that be the truth ..... :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

brichter
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32449
eBay ID: Kinardhippy
Skype Name: Billy.Ray.Richter

Postby brichter » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:15 pm

Someone said you were from the New York area. Well, in February when you are sick of freezing, shoveling snow, and putting up with a bunch of Yankees, just load up and head South. Come on down to Florida and the Deep South Cubfest. I guarantee you you'll like it. We'll treat you so many different ways, you'll have to like one of them. We'll have some of the best Cub mechanics anywhere to show you anything you want to learn. And lots of hands on learning too.
If you're gonna dream or steal, do it BIG

The best things in life aren't things.
1951 Cub
1963 Corvair
lots more junk

ad356
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ad356 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:13 pm

was thinking along the lines of CubFest Northeast, its a little under 300 miles from my home. i think we should have a cubfest northeast. i live in north java, ny that's wyoming county; land of the tractor. IH tractors are everywhere here almost as many tractors as farms. i think i read wyoming county is number 8 in milk production volume across the country, there has to be tons of cubs around here burried in backs of farmers barns, or being used to mow big lawns/feilds. i was in arcade, ny the other day and there is a tractor dealer he deals in older stuff. what's sitting there with the rest of his tractors a "2nd generation" farmall cub with a belly mower, he also has a farmall A. anyways i find it difficult to believe that in the middle of farmland there arent more cubs or interest in cubs. i live walking distance from lamb and webster, which is a case/ih dealer. i just dont understand why we dont have a cubfest. there is also a wonderful firehall that could probably be rented, a very large firehall in fact it's where they have 2 tractor pulls every year. they arent very big pulls but they are tractor pulls none-the-less. i actaully know where there is a cub that someone owns and uses in east aurora, 1/2 hour from me. i did find that strange, not really farmland there anymore, i think he also has an "h". i didnt see a belly mower on that cub though. i do not understand how you can have a cub and not have a woods or danco hanging underneath 6 months out of the year...... they accel at mowing; they are one of the best mowers you can buy at any price. heavy duty blades, heavy duty belts, heavy duty spindles with cheaply replacable bearings, and a 4 cylinder engine that is fuel efficeint and has plenty of lugging ability, and great cutting performance. why would you own one of these gems and not mow with it??? i do not understand that.

is cubfest northeast a big event? how many tractors and people usually attend these events? how do they determine where they events are held? who sets up cubfests? i have a 2 acre lot and a garage with an 60 gallon air compressor, the barn is kind of a mess but that could be fixed, lol.

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:38 pm

Take a look at this thread that gives you an idea of the flavor of a CubFest http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=51111&p=425206&hilit=+What+is+a+cubfest%3F+#p425206.

Wyoming County is a great place, lots of large farms and that is the primary reason you do not see a lot of Cubs there. Cubs were designed for a farm of less than 40 acres, often replacing horse/mule power for primary tillage activities. Larger farms used larger tractors to get their work done.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

ad356
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ad356 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:08 pm

didn't cubs see use as a secondary or auxuliary tractor on large farms? i thought maybe farmers had a love for tractors in general so maybe allot of them would use a cub at home to mow their lawn and do small chores around the house? i wouldnt think that farmers would be buying the cheap disposable crap to use around their house.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:14 pm

ad356 wrote:i wouldnt think that farmers would be buying the cheap disposable crap to use around their house.

Back in the day of the Cub there was no cheap disposable crap. Money was tight on a farm and they only bought was absolutely needed. I remember my uncle cutting his front yard with a "C".

Circle of Safety

ad356
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ad356 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:28 pm

i wish there wasnt any cheap disposable crap today. i hate with a passion cheap disposable crap. my neighor has a cheap disposable POS and he told me i look ridicolous mowing my lawn with a "farm tractor". i guess he likes spending 2 grand every 10 years or less. he bought that thing and all he can do with it is mow his lawn..... that's pretty limited use if you ask me. he has a $7,000 ATV he bought brand new and he puts a blade on that to plow his driveway. i mow my lawn with my cub and put a blade on it in the winter. who has more brains? who looks silly?

i have a good friend that buys and sells lawnmowers. you should see the junk he gets, people practically give it away because they are tired of dealing with them. allot of the junk he gets is less then 10 years old, has less then 400 hours on it, sometimes significantly less and is falling apart... good grief our society is wacked out. if people stopped buying this junk it would force the likes of MTD and AYP to start making better stuff or go out of buisness.

Return to “Farmall Cub”