This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Loading Ramps Up To The Job??????

Have a safety tip you want to share? Did you or a friend learn it the hard way? Help someone else by posting your tips on tractor, farm, shop, lawn, garden, kitchen, etc., safety.
Forum rules
Safety is an important and often overlooked topic. Make safety a part of your everyday life and let others know how much you care by making their lives safer too. Let the next generation of tractor enthusiasts benefit from your experience, and maybe save a life or appendages.
Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Loading Ramps Up To The Job??????

Postby Bill Hudson » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:15 pm

Had a few thrilling moments this evening. While unloading my '57 Cub, the right ramp broke. I had replaced the ramps, just last year because the old ramps were getting marginal and I wanted to avoid possible breakage. :oops: :oops: Both ramps were in fine shape except for a knot, which I blissfully chose to ignore. :oops: The ramp broke right at the knot.

New ramps are in order and a means to fasten them to the trailer.

The rest of the unloading proved uneventful, after some creative maneuvering, if somewhat unorthodox.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob Perry
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02748
Tractors Owned: :

1949 Farmall Cub / FH

1951 Farmall Cub / IH mower

1964 International Cub Lo-Boy / Woods 59 mower

1967 International Cub / FH

1946 Farmall H

1949 Farmall H

a doodle bug

More than a dozen Cub Cadets running plus a few in the bone-yard

Re: Loading Ramps Up To The Job??????

Postby Bob Perry » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:31 pm

You be careful there Bill! :D I've got a couple sets of loading ramps. 1. A big set to put cubs up on flatbed truck, 2. A small set to get Cub Cadets up onto trailer or smaller truck. In both cases, there's a hole in the ramp and a corresponding hole in the truck or trailer body, such that a 3/8 bolt can assure that the ramp won't come off, especially important when unloading, since the tractor is pulling away from the truck, and something like a mower can hook onto the ramp and send it back and off.
REMEMBER: Keep it correct or you may face the

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Loading Ramps Up To The Job??????

Postby Rudi » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:37 pm

Bill:

Glad nothing really serious aside from a deep close personal experience with the pucker factor happened :shock: Steel ramps in the offing possibly :?:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Safety Forum”