This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IH 2412B Loader Backhoe

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rabbit Holler Flash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664
Circle of Safety: Y

IH 2412B Loader Backhoe

Postby Rabbit Holler Flash » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:33 am

Bought Scrivet a new project, IH 2412B loader backhoe "ran when parked" Have ordered all the manuals and Scrivet got it running but seems clutch is stuck or pilot shaft bearing is siezed. When it starts it GOES have tried bumping objects (stumps) kills it and locks you tight till cant pull out a gear. Anybody messed with this model of tractor and anybody got ideas short of breaking it into to replace clutch.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: IH 2412B Loader Backhoe

Postby Scrivet » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:40 pm

Got around to the "project" yesterday. Been looking at it for a year. Figured since nobody else is gonna tackle it and if I ever want to use this thing, might as well give it a shot. Book says the easiest way is to hold the loader up and pull the front off then slide the engine out. I don't like the idea of working under that bucket propped way up in the air, and I really don't want to wrestle that front end around. Being one to never take the easy way out I figured if I removed the fan there was enough room to slide the engine forward and then lift it out. So...... (cue Sinatra music)..........I DID IT MY WAY.

My monies on a FORMERLY stuck clutch is was the problem. Took a tire iron to pry that flimsy looking three bladed clutch disc off the flywheel.

Hey Flash, good luck finding all the pieces when you go to reassemble :D Better yet trying to figure out where all the pieces go!

They look like bumps in the picture but are actually pits in the flywheel.

Clutch disc laying on pressure plate.

Rabbit Holler Flash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: IH 2412B Loader Backhoe

Postby Rabbit Holler Flash » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Memory going back to childhood would lead me to think if I asked where part such n such is the reply would be "out n the yard" I guess I should say thanks{for ripping my tractor to pieces n scattering it all over creation} . HMMM now if I can con Jeremy into putting it back together before I get home I can brag on both you super mechanics :||):

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”