This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Old Board Is kickin Butt

How do I.... ?
johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Old Board Is kickin Butt

Postby johnbron » Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:07 am

It seems like there is a lot more posts on the Old Board lately than on this New board. Every time I check the old board it has been getting more & more posts and this new board is getting less attention day by day. :?:
Then came Bronson

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

The NEW Board is still Harder to use than the Old board.

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:35 am

I guess that part of the reason for the Old Board being more filled is that most of us are still more used to the Old Board format. That makes it still easier to use. This NEW one takes some gettin' used to! :( I guess time and use will be the deciding factors for Dennis :?
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Feb 12, 2003 10:26 am

I don't know how many total posts went onto this board yesterday, but in about 10 days the total is 554. Yesterday there were 5 threads started, 4 about tractors and one about the forum. Yesterday the old forum got a total of 51 posts. There were 7 threads started, 5 on tractors and 2 about the forum.

So I wouldn't say that either one is swamping the other right now.

In the 10 days this board has had one major problem. I haven't kept score on the old one, but it cratered at least once in the same time. Who knows how many times it would have if it had all the traffic. As far as I am concerned, Dennis can pull the plug on the old one any time.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:15 am

I personally have no problems with using either the old board or this new board, But I hope the old board isn`t pulled for awhile because I enjoy reading both. There is a lot of good reading on the old board that is posted by folks that are still having trouble with this new fangled board. They both have there pros & cons. :arrow: :roll:
Then came Bronson

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:52 am

I don't want Dennis to feel obligated to keep both working. Anyone that can't use this board still has the ATIS board available. It works about the same as the old one here.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:32 pm

I read both of these boards and ATIS, and will probably continue to do so as long as they are all around. Each one has it's advantages. The original Farmallcub.com seemed a little more casual, I think mainly because of the way the posts were displayed in a tree form. I really like this one because I can see at a glance which topics have posts I haven't read yet, without having to scroll down the page a long ways, which is great since I frequently only have a limited amount of time. I also like being able to see several posts on a topic at one time without having to load each one individually, another time saver on a slow connection.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bob S.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bob S. » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:45 pm

OH BOY! I've been away for TOO long...what is this :shock: ? I loved the old board so much, the best display of threads I had ever seen on any board...I'll get used to this - eventually.

Hope everyone is doing fine...my Cub is up for the winter other than an occasional run around the yard and it is doing FINE :)

I (almost) can't wait for the grass to grow 8)
Bob S.

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”