This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Springfield 36 value

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ClevelandTjB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44130

Springfield 36 value

Postby ClevelandTjB » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:52 am

My father had purchased a Springfield 36 in the 70's which was old then, but I'm unsure what the MFG date I have a few pictures, but the tractor has since been in a fire and has some smoke damage. My mother is trying to get a insurance value on this antique, which I think is in the early 60's vintage. My father passed away in July of 2012, and has used this tractor almost daily. If I could get a New Price, and the estimated value for today's price it would help immensely with getting insurance adjustments.

Thank You,

Tim from Cleveland Ohio
Attachments
IMAG0145.jpg
IMAG0145.jpg (202.91 KiB) Viewed 1178 times
IMAG0143.jpg
IMAG0143.jpg (169.71 KiB) Viewed 1178 times
IMAG0142.jpg
IMAG0142.jpg (191.94 KiB) Viewed 1178 times
IMAG0124.jpg
IMAG0124.jpg (135.74 KiB) Viewed 1178 times

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Springfield 36 value

Postby Rudi » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:31 pm

Tim:

These units are not really within the site's specialty, but many of our members have tractors like these from different manufacturers, many makes and models. So I googled Springfield 36. It is clear that these are somewhat rare and finding another one in decent shape is going to be difficult. Finding one in restored shape may prove to be more difficult.

There is a thread here on the forum that mentions one of the Springfields 36's went for a pretty penny - Springfield 36 Garden Tractor

I have no clue what it would be worth for insurance purposes. Hopefully David will pipe in on this or you could send him a PM from within that thread.

Knowing what the hp of the 36 is would help as well. The early ones were very low hp models and the later ones were somewhat larger. To get a current price will be impossible. Replacement value would have to be somewhere around a mid-range lawn tractor however these new ones are not built in the same manner and are far less likely to last 10 years never mind 40 or more. That is one of the problems when an older unit is lost to fire etc... :(
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:51 pm

Check this link out: https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail. ... d=11816016
$100 does not sound like a rare price to me and the one in the photo looks to be in pretty good condition. Sometimes rare just means rare parts...

Sorry for the loss of your father too and I hope you mother gets as much as she can from the insurance company.
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N

Postby dgrapes59 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:16 pm

Tim,

Sorry for your loss (s), too bad about the fire. I haven't kept up with them in a while, but the one Dennis posted, $100 in that condition, would be a steal based on what I did find several years ago. There weren't many for sale but the few I saw were in the $250 - $500 range, but then I don't know if they sold for that. I would think it would be somewhat comparable to a Cub Cadet "Original" in price, saying that puts it in the $400 - $500 range for a nice, complete garden tractor.

Sorry I wasn't more help, best of luck,
David

ClevelandTjB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44130

Postby ClevelandTjB » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:40 am

Thank you for the fast reply, I also did a search on Google for the same, I did see various Forums about tractors and decided to join a few including this one. My Father also had a newer 18/46 MTD which he purchased in the early 90's, and had a rear end issue, which also got a little melted in the fire. There as also a '74 Toro 7/24 Snow Thrower which ran pretty good, all of which the Fire Restoration company had discarded, and my mother has Serial Number from the MTD and Toro, but I couldn't find the SN on the Springfield. I'm not sure the HP on the Springfield, but I think it would be impossible to get it back, what a shame, my mother didn't know what to do with them, and my sister told her to just get rid of them.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:19 am

Tim:

It looks like the tractors did not burn but just sustained some heat damage. In that case they are probably re-build able if you choose to do that. It seems to be an easy way out these days to simply junk things that can be fixed which is a shame. A lot of great old iron is lost this way. If you decide not to rebuild the 36, I would suggest that you put it on your local CL or on :eBay: ... if you cannot use it then maybe it can be used to give life back to another one or maybe someone else would like to rebuild it.

Just a thought. The MTD shouldn't be too hard to valuate as well as the Toro.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”