This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

"Best" starter switch?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
meadowcub
10+ Years
10+ Years

"Best" starter switch?

Postby meadowcub » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:45 pm

Hi All!

Quick question because I've had a few bad experiences with the starter saddle switches.

Does anyone have a recommendation as to who makes the best switch? I've had the TSC switch and one other 3rd party switch, with not so good results. I vaguely remember someone posting that they were very happy with one manufacturer's switch, but for the life of me, cannot find that post by searching.

I still have the original 1951 switch, which even feels more solid, but is pretty worn as well, and needing to be retired.

Anyway......any and all help is most appreciated. Thanks in advance!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: "Best" starter switch?

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:09 pm

TM Tractor carries them, and you can be sure the quality is good: http://www.tmtractor.com/new/el/2543Yfp.htm

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

meadowcub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby meadowcub » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:40 pm

Yeah........I figured TM. They ALWAYS have quality stuff.

Anyone have experience with Brillman? I have to place an order with them anyway, and their switch looks fine.

In the meantime, I cleaned up the 50+ year old switch I had, and even with the wear, it still worked better than the TSC one. Smartest thing might be to stick with it.

Thanks!

bythepond88
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60073
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby bythepond88 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:06 pm

Many of the forum members made many, many positive comments about Brillman.
Michael Cummings
Eddie - a 1959 International Lo-Boy named after my father in law, who who bought her new.

Return to “Farmall Cub”