This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mounting single point plow on FCub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mcjibtmj
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13808
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCUB

Mounting single point plow on FCub

Postby mcjibtmj » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:55 pm

Would someone mind pointing me to pictures of a plow (for turning over sod) mounted to a cub? Apparently I've attached mine incorrectly (until now) but it worked and saw one today that appears mounted correctly but doesn't barely touch the ground. Any help might put me in good stead with a very capable machinist who knows machines but not plows. I'll attach photos if I can figure out how or can get my son to do it for me. Thank you.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Mounting single point plow on FCub

Postby Bill Hudson » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:24 pm

Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:24 pm

http://www.tmtractor.com/

One of the site sponsors, then click on "how to hook up implements", left hand column.
I have an excuse. CRS.

mcjibtmj
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mcjibtmj » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Thank you very much. 193 is the plow but nothing the way I was mounting it, I have pieces missing. It was how the cub I saw today was mounted. I'll look through all the info & see if it will give me an idea of how to do it right. Thanks again, Joe

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:43 pm

Posting photos of your current set up, and parts will greatly help.
I have an excuse. CRS.

mcjibtmj
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mcjibtmj » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:54 pm

Actually, as I'm starting to read a bit, the one I saw today is a 189 plow, mine's the 193. I'll have to research them both, though I don't plan on doing any plowing for a few months. It will be great to get it set up correctly!! and maybe #784 can help out the #51589 youngster.

I have photos but couldn't figure out how to attach them.

Thanks again,
Joe

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:03 pm

Wander on over to Kinderhook, NY on August 24th. Bring your Cub and plow if you can. If not, I'm sure you'll see at least one example of a properly mounted 193 plow.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=79085
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:08 pm

mcjibtmj wrote:Actually, as I'm starting to read a bit, the one I saw today is a 189 plow, mine's the 193. I'll have to research them both, though I don't plan on doing any plowing for a few months. It will be great to get it set up correctly!! and maybe #784 can help out the #51589 youngster.

I have photos but couldn't figure out how to attach them.

Thanks again,
Joe

Joe,

#784 as in Serial Number? Circle Cub! We want pics!!!! Here are a couple of tutorials that may help http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27976 and http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29024

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

mcjibtmj
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mcjibtmj » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:24 pm

I'll miss the minifest August 24th but plan to attend something in October in the same region, right? Sorry, still no luck with the pics but there is definitely something wrong with the way they have the 189 plow attached, there's no Master Control Arm, I thought it was a bit odd. So they are trying to do everything with the depth control arm which they do have and which I was missing for mine. Actually I have an arm that I rigged up for my son's lawn mower to lift a snow plow (pre-Fcub, I wish I had pics of that set up, he was barely big enough to reach pedals but had all kinds of ambition, still does and he can definitely reach the pedals now).

Yes, 784 is the serial number. Purchased it locally about 3 years ago now. I think it has always been in this area and I'd like to do a little digging to place it from day one. Pictures will follow I promise but I need to get some sleep. The machine shop (mostly aerospace) I work (worked) at burned down a month ago and I'm trying to help to get it back up & running. We will rebuild but doing an inventory of equipment, tools, etc, etc... has been a bit of a nightmare. Don't mean to get off topic but that's been in the way of enjoying the Cub. My 15yo son (see above) pulls a small 4-H float with it in our county fair which is close enough for me to drive the cub over to, that's this weekend, so I need to get everything in working order. There may even be someone there who can help me with the plow. And I know the guy who fixed the sickle bar mower I just purchased from another local cub owner so there are many around who can help me. Thanks to everyone at this forum too, I just got a crank from "Barnyard" that got the Cub off the flat & up to the barn where it belongs.

I'm glad that tomorrow I can run over and get the starter (Bendix went, & it was just rebuilt 2 years ago!) & show the mechanic my findings. He seems to have a soft spot for older tractors though he's got some enormous, very new, tractors in the shop at present. I want to meet up with the owner of the Cub too as he is supposed to own all the implements ever made for the cub, would like to take a look.

Sorry so long but thanks again,
Joe

Return to “Farmall Cub”