This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Clutch Issues-- Jack the Tractor

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Clutch Issues-- Jack the Tractor

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:18 pm

kajun wrote:....... Just a note of humor : If one has only one mechanic and the prospect of only getting one , as one would do with one's one and only wife , one will be slow in insulting him. :D
You have just learned why many of us have learned to do it ourselves.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13143
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub Low Boy w/ FH Mott Flail Mower
1953 Cub w/ sprayer and 54A blade (Chompers)
1954 Cub w/fast hitch (Ira)
1948 Cub ( Papa Paul)with Henderson loader..
1951 Mutt mix Cub (BattleAx
1950 Farmall Cub (basket case demo)
Cub parts tractor
2019 " KuB"ota 2601 loader and roto tiller
1951 Ferguson TEA 20 (parts)( Uncle Rusty)
F/H Disc Harrow for cub L-38
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower
Universal tool attachment with disc hillers..Rear cultivators (various tips
York Rake for Cub home made
Single bottom Plow for Cub F194
Gravely 5660 12 hp/ w snoblower.rototiller,bush hog
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby pickerandsinger » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:35 pm

kajun wrote:Just a note of humor : If one has only one mechanic and the prospect of only getting one , as one would do with one's one and only wife , one will be slow in insulting him.
.......Wow, no wonder I pay so much alimony.....And work on my own tractors.....You must really love your Mechanic.... :mrgreen:
In Memory of 58,286

kajun
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70775

Postby kajun » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:05 pm

Yeah , guys , I have a great deal of respect for this mechanic . His issue is not his personal skill and ethics , it is his growing business.

The one and only time I split this tractor , I couldn't get it back together and I ,among other things , up-ended it . Same mechanic drove 20 miles to my house ,with a helper , put the cub back together in a few minutes , and charged me $60.00 . Same mechanic went through cub engine 15 years ago and trac engine looks like it will go another 25-30 years .

I'm old but not retired -- time is precious . I enjoy mechanical stuff but I am mechanically challenged .What takes you skilled folk an hour takes me 10. Therefore , I need my mechanic even with the limitations of his growing business. :D

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Well you may want to tell him that the fingers need to be set at 1 and 1/4 from the backing plate of the pressure plate.
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

kajun
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70775

Postby kajun » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:26 pm

Thanks , Boss.

I gave him Raymond' Durban's post on RedPower on the point .[ Raymond tells how to do it w.o. splitting the trac . ] Also gave him the link to CBoK on the point and at danovercash's suggestion gave him the Shop Manual on the clutch from this site .

I hope that will do it . Time will tell.

Clark Thompson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36310
Tractors Owned: 1975 IH cub,1948 farmall cub,1979 international 3200 skid steer and a 1974 John deere 350B dozer.

Postby Clark Thompson » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:45 pm

Ragging on the mechanic saying he doesnt know how to do a clutch job isnt right.. First the clutch PARTS QUALITY is basically junk. quality parts would be when the T O bearing would be made in this country with proper graphite and baked in grease. That is the way it use to be. Not we get all this China Taiwan junk. And what really makes me mad is that it is companies in the united states having the parts made overseas using slave labor. I just changed another T O bearing today in a cub that I installed a bates bearing ( made in china) last year. This is the bearing that steiner sold also that failed. I installed my bearing design In my own mowing cub that I cut 2 acres a week plus 5 acres 2 times a month riding the clutch the whole way.It has not failed! Now if I can come up with a bearing why cant the parts people make one that will last? and by the way bates and steiner wont stand behind their own failing bearing. Also watch out for china pressure plates. I bought some from Joes Farmall a while back. they failed ( flew apart ) with in a month.. Joes Farmall replaced the pressure plates at no charge with rebuilt rockford ones. Now why dont the big parts people do that?? cause they got ur money!! Its a shame that there is no quaity parts even from a CNH dealer.
Collector of Farmall cubs and cub cadets.Injoy helping people keep their cubs running. Years of experipnce.

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13143
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub Low Boy w/ FH Mott Flail Mower
1953 Cub w/ sprayer and 54A blade (Chompers)
1954 Cub w/fast hitch (Ira)
1948 Cub ( Papa Paul)with Henderson loader..
1951 Mutt mix Cub (BattleAx
1950 Farmall Cub (basket case demo)
Cub parts tractor
2019 " KuB"ota 2601 loader and roto tiller
1951 Ferguson TEA 20 (parts)( Uncle Rusty)
F/H Disc Harrow for cub L-38
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower
Universal tool attachment with disc hillers..Rear cultivators (various tips
York Rake for Cub home made
Single bottom Plow for Cub F194
Gravely 5660 12 hp/ w snoblower.rototiller,bush hog

Postby pickerandsinger » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:11 am

Clark Thompson wrote:Now why dont the big parts people do that?? cause they got ur money!! Its a shame that there is no quaity parts even from a CNH dealer.
II recently questioned West StarTractor out of White Pine Tenn, as to why his store didn't offer USA Distributor Caps and Rotors....He said he'd love to but couldn't get them....I'm not up on suppliers rules and regulations, but the Chinese sure seem to have the market....Dave
In Memory of 58,286

Return to “Farmall Cub”