This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hello from Ohio.

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
jonny2guns4u
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43078
Tractors Owned: 1952 Allis-Chalmers WD
1948 Farmall Cub
1949 Allis-Chalmers G
1941 Farmall BN

Hello from Ohio.

Postby jonny2guns4u » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:17 pm

Hello,

Brand new to this site. I have owned my cub for a few months now and wanted to join the group and try to get to know my Cub and the Group.

"Cubby" how original, I know, is an older Cub 1947 or 1948. I will know more later after a serial number lookup. Is in really pretty good shape and runs/ran pretty well. Fuel supply issue right at the moment.

I think I finally have all the junk out of the tank, it needs a new "added" inline fuel filter and a Carb rebuild. Runs fine as long as the choke is out a little. This isn't my first tractor so I'm pretty sure I know what to do to fix it.

Here is my first question. The Carb says IH on it so I'm guessing its not a Zenith. Am I looking for a C60 rebuild kit? I don't know how and maybe I'm not allowed to upload pics yet or I'd put one up.

Oh, and because you guys know I'm a Newb. I will ask the question, how the heck do you search this Forum for topics like Carb, c60 and so on. I don't see a Search Button like on other Forum Sites.

John

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Hello from Ohio.

Postby Don McCombs » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:24 pm

Look in the upper right corner of every page for the search feature.

You just missed the perfect opportunity to learn about your Cub. The Buckeye Cub Tug and Cubfest was held this past weekend in Somerset, Ohio.

As far as your carburetor, I would avoid an in-line fuel filter. The Cub fuel system is gravity flow and not very compatible with that type of filter. Your tractor should have a sediment bowl type strainer under the fuel tank. If that is complete and clean, it should meet your needs. Sounds like you need to clean your main metering jet. It is the brass hex head fitting on the lower left portion of the carb. See the photo below.
Shut off the fuel, remove it from the carburetor, spray with carb cleaner and clean the orifices with a thin piece of copper wire. Reinstall, turn the fuel on and give it a try.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:14 pm

Welcome to the Forum. As Don has offered on your carb, there are often simple, inexpensive fixes that correct problems without throwing a lot of money or new parts in your Cub. There is also a "How to" Forum that will give you lots of info on how to repair your Cub.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N

Postby dgrapes59 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Welcome to the Forum!
David

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:06 pm

Here is the inside of the metering jet Don refers to.

There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:28 pm

Welcome to the Forum!

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:25 am

Welcome to the forum, John. I just came through Urbana Saturday night on my way home from the Cub Tug.
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

jonny2guns4u
10+ Years
10+ Years
1948 Farmall Cub
1949 Allis-Chalmers G
1941 Farmall BN

Postby jonny2guns4u » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:24 am

Denny Clayton wrote:Welcome to the forum, John. I just came through Urbana Saturday night on my way home from the Cub Tug.

I wish I would have known about the CUB TUG last week. I would have loved to have been there!
John
Jonny2guns4u

"I won't be wronged... I won't be insulted... I won't be layed a hand on... I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." -J.B.Books (AKA)John Wayne

jonny2guns4u
10+ Years
10+ Years
1948 Farmall Cub
1949 Allis-Chalmers G
1941 Farmall BN

Postby jonny2guns4u » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:27 am

FYI,

Went down to the local Tractor Supply. They had the Basic IH Carb Rebuild kit in stock. Put it in, Cleaned the Metering Jet and Cubby is running GREAT again.

I hope to make new friends here. Thanks for the help already.
Jonny2guns4u

"I won't be wronged... I won't be insulted... I won't be layed a hand on... I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." -J.B.Books (AKA)John Wayne

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:45 am

I pass through Urbana every now & then, I'm not too far away from you, a few miles East of Bellefontaine. If you do a little digging, here on the forum, you'll find that most of us will not use the carb kit from TSC (Tisco brand). If it's working well for you, that's great, but something to keep in mind.

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:17 am

Welcome to the forum.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:20 pm

John:

G'day to you and congrats :applause: on acquiring your very 1st new to you Cub :D

We have a very large amount of resources available to our members and we encourage them to access them as often as they can, so I would recommend following the links below:

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of the most important resources are Owner's Manuals, Parts Catalogs and Service Manuals. The Cub Manual Server is the home of the jpg versions and the [url=http://www.farmallcub.com/[ Sorry, direct links to manual section is not allowed. ]/index.php]PDF Manuals[/url] -- well the pdf's of course :wink: Enjoy!.

jonny2guns4u wrote:I will ask the question, how the heck do you search this Forum for topics like Carb, c60 and so on. I don't see a Search Button like on other Forum Sites.

That is pretty easy ... In the top right hand corner you will see a dialogue box and a search button -- below the Google search. You can do a basic search by typing in the query there. Or you can hit Advanced search to access more advanced options.

You can upload a photo if it is sized correctly. 580 x 580 or 640 x 480 I think are the parameters. Or you can link it from the Photo Host after you create an account or on any photohosting site.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:47 am

Welcome, John. Enjoy the ride.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Return to “Introduce Yourself”