This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pulling CUBs

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ida Red
10+ Years
10+ Years

Pulling CUBs

Postby Ida Red » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:00 pm

Talked to a Cub guy today. Says he is pulling with a Farmall CUB in a big way.
Do any guys on here pull ?
How would you BEEF a CUB up?
IHC made a quality machine and was leader of the pack.Let's keep them running,

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

indy61
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Pulling CUBs

Postby indy61 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:24 pm

You've been around long enough to know better. Maybe he meant a Cub Cadet?

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:26 pm

Might go back to the individual and have a continued talk about pulling Cubs. He might be talking about Cub Cadets.

Cubs do participate in tractor pulls. If you want to participate in tractor pulls, research the local associations' weight classes and rules.

I checked into pulling my standard Cub in several local events. The standard Farmall Cub is to heavy to be entered into the local garden tractor pulls. Also way to light and under powered to be competitive in the lightest farm tractor class.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Kirk-NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07838

Postby Kirk-NJ » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:04 am

Boss Hog showed me the cub he pulls with last time I was down there. maybe shoot him an email and he can enlighten you. Never pulled with a cub myself, I'm pulling with a ford.
If you try pulling with a cub when you get the hook on remember to say, I think I can, I think I can.

Kirk

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:20 am

Before you start working to hard on making it a pulling tractor you need to think about whether you want to still have a working tractor, or only for pulling. At the last Cub tug I was at I took 3rd place, but my cub was at work mowing my yard the next day, and ready to plow etc. The 2 that beat me both would have taken several hours to be ready to do anything more than use in a pull.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”