This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Thank You Cecil!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Steve Woods
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 34705
Circle of Safety: Y

Thank You Cecil!

Postby Steve Woods » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:54 pm

I can't thank you enough Cecil. You are the greatest! I'm sure most here already know that. Not only did he helicoil the stripped out threads in my carb and sediment but he cleaned them too, clean as brand new, with new intake manifold gasket and lugs too. I had been trying to install a new steel fuel line without use of the most important tool of all - my head...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79849

When I acquired this tractor the steel gas line had been cut and some rubber tubing with an in line plastic and paper element filter had been clumsily installed. The line at the sediment bowl was broke loose and leaking. I got rid of the filter while I was re connecting the line and ended up with this...

Turns out the sediment bowl and screens had 60 years of crud in them so a cheap plastic filter might be the cure? The previous owner lhought the tractor had serious engine problems when he sold it to me cheap. Anyway, here is how it looks now with Cecil's help and the help and advice from all the rest of you guys too...

Cecil, I owe you a big favor.
Steve

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Thank You Cecil!

Postby Rudi » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:04 pm

Steve:

Good to hear Cecil got it all done up for you. He is indeedy one of the true carb Guru's.

Steve Woods wrote:Turns out the sediment bowl and screens had 60 years of crud in them so a cheap plastic filter might be the cure?

The only thing those cheap plastic in-line filters will do is produce starvation issues. Gravity fed systems do not need those in-line filters. In fact,, the Fuel Sediment Bowl screen and the Fuel Inlet Screen in the carb will do a better job as they were designed to do. The only real improvement that can be made is a bit of overkill - How To Upgrade A Cub Fuel System and you already have the primary ingredient which is the steel fuel line.

Well done .. let it be just like that :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:40 am

You're welcome. Glad everything worked out. It's a lot easier to work with something that's clean.

PVF1799
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12009
eBay ID: kepara
Tractors Owned: 1929 Farmall Regular #T111250 (Original Owner)
1942 Farmall M #55654
1948 Farmall Cub #21005
1955 Farmall Cub #190769
1961 Cub Cadet #16509
1975 Cub Cadet 1250H
197x IH 990 Haybine
1994 JD 5320 Diesel
Attachments: Woods 42F Fast Hitch, L38 Disc Fast Hitch, F11 Plow Fast Hitch, Land Plow, Snow Plow, Grader Blade, Planter w/Fertilizer, Cultivators, Hilling Disks, Sickle Bar Mower(2), IH 7' Sickle Bar Mower, Flail Mower and 5' International Belly Mower.

Postby PVF1799 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:16 am

Cecil wrote:You're welcome. Glad everything worked out. It's a lot easier to work with something that's clean.

Cecil - Years ago Dad did the best he could to repair the threads on Rex - it involved epoxy, etc. Care to work your magic another time?

Ken

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:00 pm

Ken bring it with you on Saturday.

Return to “Farmall Cub”