This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

PTO shaft adaptor

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
smallfarm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43078

Re: PTO shaft adaptor

Postby smallfarm » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:28 pm

Hy-pro used to make a reverse direction roller pump that we used on a cub for herbicide.I think it was made to run on a cub, but I don't remember. I plan (someday) to use a belt and pulley and mount a roller pump on a metal plate bolted to the drawbar--speed and direction problems solved and I can weld a properly bent pipe up from the plate to hold the boom valves, regulator, etc. within easy reach.
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

glennhuff
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 97458
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub

Postby glennhuff » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:12 pm

A gear type pump would work just fine, as would a flexible vane pump, as long as it was compatible with the fluid being pumped. Any pump setup should have a relief valve that is capable of flowing the maximum volume that the pump is capable of pumping. The relief should be on the discharge side of the pump, before any valve, and should be set below the working pressure of the weakest component on the pressure side of the system. Also, it would be kind of neat to use a three way valve to shut off flow to your sprayer. Plumb the second discharge back to the tank so that when you shut off the sprayer, the pump would circulate back to the tank, essentially unloading the pump while you aren't spraying. Other than that, I think that mounting the pump on the drawbar is a good idea. This would allow you to adjust the speed and direction as required, and would put the pump below the level of the tank, which would minimize problems with running the pump dry while priming. Sounds like a good project. Have fun with it.

glenn

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:22 pm

Use somthing belt driven and just put a twist in the belt if direction of rotation is a problem.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby danovercash » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:25 pm

Plus the relief valve return plumbing could be used to keep mixed chemicals in suspension.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Return to “Farmall Cub”