This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

year of hood-tank

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
charlesellis
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35242
Tractors Owned: 2 1952 Farmall Cubs

year of hood-tank

Postby charlesellis » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:45 am

I have two 1952 cubs, both restored. Saturday I managed to roll one over on its left side (while towing behind my pickup). The side of the sheet metal is pretty banged up. I guess I need to replace it. I have located a donor cub. But did the tank change between 1947 and 1952? (Owner says it's a 1947, but I'll check the serial number) What do I need to look for?
Charles :(

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: year of hood-tank

Postby Barnyard » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:15 pm

Those hoods are the same. Just make sure all the screw holes are there or be able to have them repaired. Of course there is the obvious making sure it hasn't been cut up for an alternator. That's about it.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:01 pm

Not quite the same. A '47 would have had the long eared dash while a '52 had the short eared.

The back edge of the fuel tank has 4 holes to attach to the dash. The 2 at the rear are the same for either style. The 2 forward ones will be in the wrong place. I think you can drill the early tank for the later hole positions (but never tried it).

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:20 pm

Thanks for the correction Jim, I never gave the long/short ear a thought. Only thinking of basic appearance of the hood sides. Here is what a 52 Cub would look like with a 47 Cub hood.

I also have a short tank on a long dash. Maybe some day I will swap them to make them both correct. Then again they do come in handy for photo ops such as this.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Return to “Farmall Cub”