This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gaylott Scoop

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tinnerjohn
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44491
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub, 42 Farmall H 49 Ford 8N (FIL's tractor) and a yard full of implements for them 51 Chevy 3100 PU
Circle of Safety: Y

Gaylott Scoop

Postby tinnerjohn » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:59 pm

Found what looks like (by comparing pictures) a Gaylott Scoop, which seller says is for a Cub. Won't be able to check it out until Tuesday, so I'm trying to research these before going. I'm going to take my tape and check the vital mounting dimensions and of course overall condition, but I'm wondering if they were made for other tractors, and if anyone can give me a link to, or has a copy they could e-mail or post, of any literature or instructions for these? Any input will be appreciated. John

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Gaylott Scoop

Postby Rudi » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:23 pm

John:

I know we have some nformation on the Gaylott Scoops .. so I searched the archives - Gaylott Scoops. Hope that helps some.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053

Postby v w » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:36 pm

Mounting the scoop is a no brainer. The complete instructions are on a card the size of a half sheet of paper. Don't know where it is at the moment. Vern

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Very easy to mount. Bottom arms mount on the forward pads of the finals and mount the lift bracket to the lift arm and you are set. It's not a heavy piece of equipment. I slide it along the ground rather easily. Might want to tie a rope to the trip lever if you don't want to reach back and trip it by hand. I moved three loads of gravel with mine to make my driveway. Very handy. I do not recommend using it with a hand lift. Can get quite heavy with a load
Thomas

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:12 pm

They were also made for Super A. The Super A one was heavier, and has 2 connections at the top for the lift.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053

Postby v w » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:57 pm

Found it for what it is worth.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:58 pm

TM Tractor has two brochures for the Stockland Hydro-scoop. You might want to look at those in case he is using "Gaylott" generically.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

tinnerjohn
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub, 42 Farmall H 49 Ford 8N (FIL's tractor) and a yard full of implements for them 51 Chevy 3100 PU

Postby tinnerjohn » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:48 pm

Thanks everyone. From the picture of the one I 'm going to look at, its a Gaylott. The Super A rockshaft difference should have been obvious- DUH!. CRS STRIKES AGAIN. Thanks for the pics VW. I had things pretty well sorted out, but your pics and tmays explanation really helped. Wish me luck. John

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:09 pm

those rigs can be pretty handy, but do not try to use it with a hand lift. :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:25 am

tinnerjohn wrote:Thanks everyone. From the picture of the one I 'm going to look at, its a Gaylott. The Super A rockshaft difference should have been obvious- DUH!. CRS STRIKES AGAIN. Thanks for the pics VW. I had things pretty well sorted out, but your pics and tmays explanation really helped. Wish me luck. John

John,

Well? :) You got a scoop?

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

tinnerjohn
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby tinnerjohn » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:44 pm

Yes Bill, I got it. Just got done mounting it, held the flashlight it my mouth for last two bolts! I was gonna wait until tomorrow, but I think you all know what thats like. Seller was a very nice young fella named Dan, he has the Cub the scoop was with, told me his Dad got it for him for a FFA project, but he didn't use/need the Gaylott, hence the sale. I hopefully sold him on joining the Forum, he said this is where he found the info to mount his 193 plow. I hopefully gave him some good advice about his 144 cultivators and 23A harrow. It was great meeting someone younger than me who knows and appreciates Cubs and rusty iron. Thanks again to VW for his reply, I think it was easier mounting the Gaylott than the 3pt. scoop I had for the 8N. John

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:16 pm

Great, John. We need pics. :) :) Where does this young man go to school? (Old FFA Advisor would like to know. :) )

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

tinnerjohn
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby tinnerjohn » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:31 pm

I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow, I need to figure out how to make them smaller. When I tried before I got a prompt/message? that the file was too big. I didn't take any of the scoop as it was dark when I got done. Didn't ask him about school, I'd say he was early 20's with a 2 1/2 yr old son (who won my wifes heart as soon as we pulled in the drive). This was in Minerva (Unkefer country), so I'd guess there. The son was NOT impressed that Dad was letting us take rusty iron, gotta love that little guy! John

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Postby danovercash » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:57 pm

Jim Hudson built one from scratch using measurements. Don't know what he did with it as he put a Rick Prentiss 3 point on his cub.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Return to “Farmall Cub”