This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

mystery Hydraulic leak

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
motoscott909
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49403
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub "Gertrude"

mystery Hydraulic leak

Postby motoscott909 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:41 am

Hey All,

I have a hydraulic leak and for some reason cannot find the source. I keep noticing hydraulic fluid laying on my belly mower deck after the cub sits for a while. I have snugged up all of the hydraulic fittings bolts that i can find. I just cant see where it is coming from. I do see that it is running down the bell houseing and over the clutch inspection cover, but loose the trail when i try and trace it back up. I dont see anywhere obvious where it could be leaking. Any ideas where it may be coming from?

Also, i dont know if this helps, but it dosent seem to leak when it is running. It only seems to leak when the cub sits after running. At this point i have to add oil every few weeks which is not a big deal, but id like to fix if possible.

Thanks!
Scott

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: mystery Hydraulic leak

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:15 am

Look the mounting ears over closely fro cracks, and also there is a plate on the bottom that is the bottom of the reservoir that could have a faulty gasket. One of Eugene's tips is to dust some talcum powder on it and then look for the trails.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”