This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub-a-Rama

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Metrocub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53533
Tractors Owned: 1959 LoBoy w/fast hitch, mower, push blade and plow
Circle of Safety: Y

Cub-a-Rama

Postby Metrocub » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:04 pm

Looking forward to attending this year. Are there going to be work shops? I have my TC ready to rebuild but I am hesitant since I never did this before. I have a rebuild kit and have loosened all bolts. Unit is sand blasted and ready for disassembly and rebuild, hoping to bring it along and learn how to complete the rebuild. Is it a good idea to bring it along?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Re: Cub-a-Rama

Postby Barnyard » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:10 pm

Due to insurance reasons, they do not have workshops like CubFests. You could probably bring it along and some one could point out what needs to be done, but the actual work would probably not be allowed.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Metrocub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Metrocub » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:13 pm

Thank for the info. I most likely bring it along since it doesn't take up much room in the truck. Just looking forward to some time with like minded individuals.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:10 am

a couple years ago I had one that needed brake repair and asked about bringing it and doing a how to while repairing it, but when John asked the insurance they said that was classed as heavy equipment repair and was not covered by insurance. However, bring it along and we will give you all kinds of advice, some of it may even be right. :lol:

I am going to bring Dad's Farmall h with the front mounted buzz saw and do a demo on cutting wood and sharpening posts with it for anyone who is interested. That is the tractor that some of the members of the forum bought from the previous owner, rebuilt it and gave it back to me as a surprise a few years ago. Who would have ever believed that more than 40 men could keep a secret like that for over a year.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:21 am

In addition to what was already mentioned, the main thing to rebuilding is clean, clean, clean. Also, most of the time a new filter screen is needed, but it is not included in the rebuild kit. go to the parts manual and print off the one for your unit (there are 2 different ones). It is very helpful in reassembly.

Metrocub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Metrocub » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:45 pm

Thanks for all the info. My Cub is a 59 Lo Boy my father purchased new in 1960. It has very few hour on it since all it was used for was to cut 1 acre of grass and plow a small garden. In 1987 the distributor blew on my brother who then put it in the garage until he moved to a 100 acre farm. It then went into a barn until I starting working on it. I'm cleaning it up and replacing all the gaskets, plugs.... I have cleaned the TC and sandblasted it so currently the outside of the unit is clean which should help keep everything easier to keep clean.

JP Tractor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby JP Tractor » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:02 am

Guys, I think it would be ok for a hydraulic repair. The insurace compay didn't want us us allow jacks and lifting the tractors for the brakes.
If you want we can even get a time in the schedule of events so others can observe/watch if you all want.

If anyone else has simple clinics or repairs let me know. The more the merrier

See you in TWO weeks :{_}:
Jamie

Metrocub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Metrocub » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:43 pm

Sound great. I will plan on bringing my TC along with the rebuild kit and see what happens. A clinic for others like myself can always learn something new.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:02 pm

bring some carb or brake cleaner and lots of rags.

Metrocub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Metrocub » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:03 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:bring some carb or brake cleaner and lots of rags.

Well bring both clearers and lots of rags.

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”