This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rear crankshaft seal

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Rear crankshaft seal

Postby Glen » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi,
What is it about the rear seal holder that is different than the seals they have nowdays? I was reading a post about them, and it didn't say why the seals don't fit anymore. Case IH still has the original part number seal, I asked at my local dealer, and he said the seal is still available, he had one in stock when I called there. The price was about $29, here in the west USA. :)
Last edited by Glen on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)

Re: Rear crankshaft seal

Postby bob in CT » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:44 pm

Unfortunately, you need the $200 new R2 retainer for it to fit properly unless something changed recently. The seal changed, not the part number. Some old R2 retainers work, others allow the seal to slip in with your thumb and forefinger. Many of the old retainers are warped a bit, too.

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi,
Thanks Bob, It didn't say that in the post I read about the seal and retainer before. Guess you would have to take a measure to the dealer and measure their seal before buying it.

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)

Postby bob in CT » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:47 pm

You need at least a .007" crush to be successful.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:15 pm

TST rebuilds the old retainer, and machines it for a new seal which he installs. He does a good job, and I have sent him 2 of my retainers to redo. I have only had them in use 2 or 3 weeks, so I cannot give a long time report, but so far I am happy.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”