This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub in a Barrett Jackson auction

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cdn Country Bumkin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: L8G2J3
Circle of Safety: Y

Cub in a Barrett Jackson auction

Postby Cdn Country Bumkin » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:06 pm

Last Sat. I was at a Barrett Jackson auction and there was a 48 cub , to be honest it was a package deal it was on a 46 dodge COE 3 ton truck both completly restored (their words).I didn't see it sold and no pictures, I took 2 pictures when I got there then the camera stopped working
Life is a game we are all going to lose, so we may as well have fun playing

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Re: Cub in a Barrett Jackson auction

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:29 pm

Cdn Country Bumkin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: L8G2J3

Postby Cdn Country Bumkin » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:43 pm

I don't know either but I seen a lot of things happening there that would not want to make me buy at one of their auctions
Life is a game we are all going to lose, so we may as well have fun playing

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:56 pm

I was simply searching their past auction results. I didn't realize I had slipped into a previous auction.

I have heard accusations made that people will drag a car around from one collector auction to another, with the repeated sales gradually building an auction sale history/value for the given year/model. Then they finally cut it loose at an auction where some unknowing buyer gets what he thinks is a great deal. I don't have any idea if that is a valid accusation and am certain that an auction company wouldn't paticipate in that sort of activity. I do notice that some vehicles seem to go through several auctions before disappearing back into someone's collection.

Return to “Farmall Cub”