This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Unwanted Visitors At The Barnyard Annex

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Unwanted Visitors At The Barnyard Annex

Postby Barnyard » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:16 pm

Rosanne came in this afternoon and said it looked like the front door was open on our old house across the road so I went to take a look. The outside storm door was closed but the inner door was half open. When I opened the outer door to go in I stopped and called the police. I could see that a well placed boot against the door busted the locks off so they could get in. Someone had sprinkled Comet cleanser on the floor just inside the front door in a pattern and stuck a screw driver in the middle of the pattern. They went so far as to put the Comet can back on the mantle where they found it instead of just tossing it on the floor. I didn’t know if anyone was still inside so I figured I’d let the Sheriff’s department search it. After the Deputy and I went through we found a back door open and a few things scattered around the floors. No bodies in the back rooms or the dungeon cellar either. The deputy asked if I wanted a report but since nothing was taken I said no. After thinking about it, I'm gonna call my detective buddy who is investigating the neighbor's break in from a few weeks ago and see what he thinks.

There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Re: Unwanted Visitors At The Barnyard Annex

Postby Scrivet » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Who keeps Comet on the Mantle??????? :? :? :? :lol:

My first impression is that it is some ghost hunters. Sprinkling flour or talcum powder on the floor then checking later to see if it has been disturbed. Local Historical Society hosts them a couple times a year and that's one of many "tricks" they use, and it's getting close to Halloween. Legitimate groups would ask. Some rogue amatuer wannabe might just kick in the door of what he thinks is the local haunted house.

PVF1799
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12009
eBay ID: kepara
Tractors Owned: 1929 Farmall Regular #T111250 (Original Owner)
1942 Farmall M #55654
1948 Farmall Cub #21005
1955 Farmall Cub #190769
1961 Cub Cadet #16509
1975 Cub Cadet 1250H
197x IH 990 Haybine
1994 JD 5320 Diesel
Attachments: Woods 42F Fast Hitch, L38 Disc Fast Hitch, F11 Plow Fast Hitch, Land Plow, Snow Plow, Grader Blade, Planter w/Fertilizer, Cultivators, Hilling Disks, Sickle Bar Mower(2), IH 7' Sickle Bar Mower, Flail Mower and 5' International Belly Mower.

Postby PVF1799 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:09 pm

That's pretty spooky - gives me chills - too many Drive-In Horror movies in the 70's.

Ken

John B.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 08527

Postby John B. » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:37 pm

Ohio Meth Heads!!!
1966 Cub
54a Blade
Pennington Mower

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:48 pm

Report the incident. Finger prints may be on moved items. My guess, local teenagers.

Loud fire alarm or bell, couple of motion activated switches. Make sure your home owners liability insurance covers the Annex, in case the trespasser injures him/her self.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Scrivet wrote:My first impression is that it is some ghost hunters.

Maybe I should have read this story about a local man in this mornings paper.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 021&Ref=AR
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Donegal Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Donegal Cub » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:38 am

I'm with Eugene on this one, very sound advice from him. :{_}:
Bernard,
Donegal Cub.

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12487

Postby Jackman » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:08 am

I bet they come back , maybe install one of those inexpensive trail cameras that the wild life folk use :idea:

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:17 am

I have infra red motion sensors scattered around the barnyard that send a signal to a base station on our kitchen counter. Each sensor has it's own address and I can record a different message for each sensor. If some one is near the barn the base says there is some one by the barn, if someone pulls in the drive it tells me that and so on for each sensor. The sensors pick up motion for up to 40 feet and can send a signal to the base up to 300-400 feet away and go through walls very well. I am going to move on of the sensors, change the message and mount it in the front room of the house. The house my be just out of range but worth the shot.

Circle of Safety

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:00 am

My bet is that the house was entered into by a Sasquatch :shock: :shock: They are smarter that humans, you now. :roll: Rather than open the door or kick it in with their huge foot, they are smart enough to get a boot and hit the door with it to elude us into thinking it was humans, not squatches that did it. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Postby ricky racer » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:38 pm

I say buy some more cleaning supplies, comet, glass cleaner and a mop & bucket. Maybe it's some crazy person wanting to clean the place up!! :lol: :lol: If that works, buy some paint and brushes. If that works, give them my address. :lol:
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:29 pm

Just did a test on the motion sensor. The sensor is 350 feet from the base station. The signal has to go through seven walls and cross the street (looking both ways before doing so). All testing went flawlessly so we are good to go. The beam is set about four feet above the floor so the four legged residents don't wake me in the middle of the night. Hey, I wonder if those tricky raccoons spilled that Comet and stuck the screwdriver in the floor Just to scare me off so they can keep their home.

New info, I called the Sheriff back and filed a report. An hour later Rosie saw some teens coming out of the yard but when I got to the front door they were standing across from the house in the church yard. As they walked away one kept looking back toward the house. When I went over about thirty minutes later to mow the yard I found the screen door open but nothing else. I was curious if one of them had tried the door to see if it was still broke. I should have tackled him and measured his shoe against the print on the door. :lol:

While I was installing the sensor, the neighbor on that side came out and said she was going to call me the other night because she saw two teen girls and four teen boys wandering through the yard. She lost sight of them for a bit but saw them later walking on, so she thought nothing more of it. I have a feeling we have kids with nothing to do.
Last edited by Barnyard on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edit to change inches to feet.

Circle of Safety

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:43 pm

Barnyard wrote:Just did a test on the motion sensor. The sensor is 350" from the base station. The signal has to go through seven walls and cross the street (looking both ways before doing so). ......................
Seven walls and a street? OK, if it's a narrow street, what maybe 20 feet wide? So that leaves seven walls, which would contain six rooms. 350 inches is a little over 29 feet so that leaves the rooms at about 18 inches wide. Is the annex a doll house by chance??????

:lol: :lol: :lol: I LOVE TYPOS :!: :!: :!:

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:51 pm

Scrivet wrote:
Barnyard wrote:Just did a test on the motion sensor. The sensor is 350" from the base station. The signal has to go through seven walls and cross the street (looking both ways before doing so). ......................
Seven walls and a street? OK, if it's a narrow street, what maybe 20 feet wide? So that leaves seven walls, which would contain six rooms. 350 inches is a little over 29 feet so that leaves the rooms at about 18 inches wide. Is the annex a doll house by chance??????

:lol: :lol: :lol: I LOVE TYPOS :!: :!: :!:

I need to keep my hand off that shift key or start spelling out more things. :lol: The post has been edited for Clara Fication.

Circle of Safety

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:26 am

Barnyard - Would you please post some information on the IR Motion detectors and Base Station you have?
That might help me solve an issue. I like the feature that you can assign them different messages.
Thanks.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

Return to “Off Topic”