This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

need help finding out what I have!! grrr

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
JudyBender
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 73527

need help finding out what I have!! grrr

Postby JudyBender » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:22 pm

My wife and I just found this little gem.

Serial 241830j
White hood yellow frame. With years gone by the color could have changed several times.
I say its a 67 low boy
She says 73 cub with rockford clutch option.

On top of everything else I have no idea what needs to take place inorder to mount a 4' brush hog and a small box blade. Mabe a frountend loader if I could find one
We have so many uses for her with very little information
SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!

thank you for your help

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: need help finding out what I have!! grrr

Postby Barnyard » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Your wife is right and the white hood and yellow body is correct.

Photo from www.atis.net
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Postby ricky racer » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:37 pm

Hint!!!! When you wife is arguing with you but not wanting you to sell a tractor, always agree with her!!! :lol:

Welcome to the best Cub website on the planet!!! We hope to hear more from you. :wink:
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)

Postby bob in CT » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:19 pm

Here is some basic information on implements http://www.atis.net/CubFAQ/cub_faq.html#q8

Next, navigate up to PDF manuals and look for Cub Attachments for a list of manuals for different attachments. Good to have when you go shopping as a "good "implement missing parts is not useable.

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:52 am

Your wife is correct. It is a 1973 Cub.

Dead giveaway: The offset Loboys never had a 6-digit serial number. Highest LoBoy serial number is 26007.

You'd be correct if the last digit was an "O (oh)" not a "0 (zero)" but there is no "O (oh)" suffix code.

As for your 4' box blade, 4' bush hog, and loader... This probably isn't the right tractor for those jobs.

You CAN do all those jobs with a Cub, but it'll be a compromise.

1. Depending on the loader you get, it could be crude and awkward, and without power steering, using it could get real old real fast. Plus you have to be VERY careful because the front end is not designed for loader work.
2. The Cub doesn't have a standard PTO or 3pt hitch. You can get an aftermarket 3pt, or fabricate a custom system to lift a box blade, or hunt down a Fast Hitch setup if it doesn't have one, but a conventional PTO-driven bush hog is not an option. There are belly mowers that are sort of like bush hogs, but they are more finish mowers. There are also rear mounted fast hitch flail mowers and bush-hog-like mowers, but they are rare and expensive.

Again, it CAN be done with a Cub, and it can be done with real Cub implements. The problem you have is that you can't just go to a "Cub store" and pick everything you need off a shelf. You could be searching long and hard for some of the pieces you need. Everything you need will be for sale somewhere, but it could be 1000's of miles away. Cub Express can get some of those things to you at reasonable cost/free, but that takes time.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:13 am

Yeah, agree with the replies you have already been given. I have a couple Cub items you might have some interest in, a 42-inch Woods mower and an early version of the IH grader blade. Both belly mount and changing from one to the other takes some effort. In Dallas, I'm closer to you than most of the active users of this site.

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:23 am

Matt Kirsch wrote: you can't just go to a "Cub store" and pick everything you need off a shelf. You could be searching long and hard for some of the pieces you need

No Cub Store?? Come see me and I'll show you my Cub "Showroom" and Implement Yard. :lol: Actually around the US (folks on this Forum and others), I guess you could say there are "Cub Stores". Boss Hogg in VA, Me in AL, Tim in NY, Sam, JL Mason, or "DE Farmall Cubs" in TX. Then there are the Forum Sponsors (actual businesses) such as TM Tractor in Florida, JP Cubs in MO, and Hamilton Bob in OH. I'm sure there are other folks with a business or hobby specializing in Cubs that I have forgotten. No, there isn't no chain "Cub Store" as you meant. :D

Matt Kirsch wrote: Everything you need will be for sale somewhere, but it could be 1000's of miles away. Cub Express can get some of those things to you at reasonable cost/free, but that takes time.

As you can see from the places I listed (some may be near you that I didn't mention), that they can be hundreds of miles away and some closer. It all depends on how serious you are about the Cub and what you're willing to do. You have a good tractor and good (and correct) implements will make it better. It's worth the time, money and effort. Any questions about it feel free to come here and ask
Last edited by AL Farmall Boy on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:27 am

There you are! Mr. Becker is close to you but I didn't mention him because I wasn't aware if he had implements to sell like the other guys I mentioned do.

Also, I forgot to let you know that WE WANT PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:00 am

AL Farmall Boy wrote:There you are! Mr. Becker is close to you but I didn't mention him because I wasn't aware if he had implements to sell like the other guys I mentioned do.

I don't have implements to sell in the sense that the guys you mentioned do. Buy if you collect this stuff, eventually you end up with things that are non-keepers. The mower came mounted on a tractor I was buying. I tried it out to see how it worked, then removed it and it hasn't been mounted since. I bought the blade and used it (belly mounted) a few times. Then I got another tractor with a blade I liked better. And so it goes.

Return to “Farmall Cub”